• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from the snow-ridden Midwest!

K. D. Jones

Hello, Scribes! My name is Krystle. Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I have two primary pen names: Krystle Jones for my urban fantasy and K. D. Jones for my epic fantasy stories. I have a few self-published works: The Red Sector Chronicles trilogy, which is an urban fantasy/dystopian story taking place in Pittsburgh after a vampire apocalypse hits and A White So Red, a Snow White retelling.

I've been writing for about ten years now. I started out writing epic and urban fantasy, then decided to join romance-land. I wrote ten paranormal romances and one contemporary romantic suspense under a pen name before getting burned out and returning to my fantasy roots. Learned a lot and improved my craft under that now defunct romance pen name, but I also learned a valuable lesson: Writing solely for money kills creativity.

I've always had a soft spot for fairies, vampires, and retold fairy tales. I'm currently working on a Sleeping Beauty retelling that'll span six or seven books. I'm still on book one but am making good progress. I'm also bouncing around ideas for a new urban fantasy series featuring a kickbutt fey character.

I'm not aware of any fantasy fiction groups in the area I live in, so I've been finding communities online to join so I can talk to like-minded people. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning more about writing fantasy fiction! Best of luck to us all.

- Krystle

Some of my favorite books:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Kate Daniels series by Illona Andrews
Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J. Maas