• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from the Sundered Spheres

James Wilson

Dreamer
Hi! My name is James Wilson, and I’m thinking about using a different version of my name because it’s so common in English. It’s even on the Declaration of Independence! I used to have a poster of the Declaration on my wall and I had several of my nieces and nephews convinced that I had signed it. Sigh! They’re all too old for that now!

I started trying to write a novel at age seven, and finished my first one at sixteen. I have written thirty books, including 23 fantasy novels. Six of them are world guides for the Sundered Spheres, so they’re fantasy, but not novels. The last one is a self-help book that I helped into the ‘rewrite 100%’ file.

Whether or not I ever get a movie deal for one of my books I’ll keep writing. I love it! I have over a dozen novels currently half finished, and a couple dozen more in the ‘get to it someday’ file. I have finished six of fourteen volumes planned for the Sundered Spheres World Guides, and four more are over 80% complete. If only I had more time to work on them! Still, I’m not quitting the day job any time soon, so it’ll have to wait for free moments.

I’ve been going through a lot of forums (forae?) and commented on quite a few. A lot of good thinkers on this site, lots of interesting ideas and plans. I hope to see a whole lot more over the next weeks and months!