• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
For some reason recently I've been playing this song a lot when I write. Personally, I like to pretend he's singing about the Adirondack Mountains here in New York. Although with all the lakes it can't really be called "stranger to blue water".
Thought you might like this over, Tom. It's a nice update.

Reactions: Tom

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Of a literary bent...

“Now, three to three, ye stand. Commend the murderous chalices! Bestow them, ye who are now made parties to this indissoluble league...Drink, ye harpooneers! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat’s bow—Death to Moby Dick! God hunt us all, if we do not hunt Moby Dick to his death!”

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Listening to the new Tool album. It does this heart (and ears) good to know there's still rock and roll out there.

Insolent Lad

Maester
I've been listening some to 'Mean Mary' James's latest album 'Cold' Sort of Earl Scruggs meets Enya at times. Of course I'm obliged to like her stuff since she's my niece. :)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Tonight I'm going full blown Christmas... AC/DC.

I'm pretty certain one of the wise men was cranking Thunderstruck at the nativity... that's the story I recall anyhow ;)

I have music tastes that are about 50% socially unacceptable lmao.

In middle school I essentially listened exclusively to Five Nights at Freddy's fansongs (Trust me, even though only The Living Tombstone FNAF songs are considered mainstream, FNAF songs are an entire genre on their own at this point due to people following in TLT's steps. There's so many.), and I still have nostalgia for those songs. Over time, I opened up to Vocaloid music and fansongs for other games.

Nowadays I have more varied tastes. I'm not very knowledgable on genres, but I listen to a lot of electronic music, and I know one of my favorite subgenres of electronic is called breakcore. A lot of the stuff I listen to is also Indie Rock/Alternative Rock I think? Also some Experimental and Industrial from time to time.

Some of my favorite artists are Nero's Day at Disneyland, Mother Mother, Black Dresses, Bo En, Lemon Demon, many of the artists under the label LapFox Trax, Will Wood and the Tapeworms, The Living Tombstone, Mindless Self Indulgence, and GHOST.

I added a link on that last one because their music is kind of niche and they have a very generic name. I don't want people mistaking me for a fan of one of the 10+ other Ghosts that probably make music.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone!

My sister is a rabid Little Big Planet fanatic, and even though I am a very different kind of gamer I admit that the three LBP games are pretty cool. So today we were playing together, Little Big Planet 2 is her favorite and all of a sudden I came into contact with various levels that feature this theme here:

I would describe that as Hauntingly Beautiful, and very friendly for Fantasy stories.