• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The pain of Facebook

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I have a facebook but it is of no use to me. I find it is good place to find all the off putting things your online friends might say about politics, which mostly I find unpersuasive. I find the lack of being able adopt the filters that others are looking through curious and disappointing. The group function of facebook has never appeared as clean to me is a regular forum group. So... so far at least, its not for me.

Last edited:

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
One writes fantasy by starting at the beginning, muddling along for a bit until arriving at the end.

Writing fantasy *well* is left as an exercise for the student.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Still another reason to prefer forums over social media: no placards.

I am very much at the end of my patience with that one. It does not make the point more persuasive. Yes, it does get your post noticed, but it's becoming like one of those loud parties where everyone keeps having to shout ever more loudly just to make themselves heard.

MrNybble

Sage
Social media is all about gaining followers and having the instant satisfaction of people acknowledging your comments seconds after posting. Doesn't matter what is talked about as long as it gets noticed. Think I can make a magic based social media for a fantasy story and see how bad it gets. Now to see if the gods have access to this new medium.