• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello All

Panther

Acolyte
Many thanks for having me.

Looking forward to getting involved in the community.

Now - where is the bar?

Reaver

Staff
Hello & welcome to Mythic Scribes, Panther! It's great to have you here! We used to have a grand pub, but I'm afraid it was razed by The Invading Horde of Gaath years ago. We're currently trying to raise the necessary GP to rebuild.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Whatever happened to the Invading Horde of Gaath anyway? Guess they got scared off by the Descending Horde of Sugoloth. So it goes...

And a public welcome to Panther!

Reaver

Staff
Whatever happened to the Invading Horde of Gaath anyway? Guess they got scared off by the Descending Horde of Sugoloth. So it goes...

Well, if you recall, the two hordes actually discovered that they were all from the same village and combined forces. Then they decided that they didn't really enjoy all that invading, pillaging and overall razing everything in sight thing, so they all returned to their homeland to live a life of relative peace and harmony.
It's quite a lovely story when you think about it.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
All this talk of razing and pillaging and drinking just makes me want to put on my round furry hat, mount my sturdy steppe pony, and head out to ride among the Golden Horde. *sniff* Memories...

Oh, hey, and welcome, Panther! You've found a fine forum filled by fine people!

...And not-so-reformed barbarians.

All this talk of razing and pillaging and drinking just makes me want to put on my round furry hat, mount my sturdy steppe pony, and head out to ride among the Golden Horde. *sniff* Memories...

Oh, hey, and welcome, Panther! You've found a fine forum filled by fine people!

...And not-so-reformed barbarians.

Oh stop it San, you're making me nostalgic for my people.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Oh stop it San, you're making me nostalgic for my people.

Hey, I can't help but wax poetic about such things. They just don't make warlords like they used to. Never mind the epic military conquests; did you know Genghis Khan has more descendants living today than any other man in history? It's something like eight percent of the population of the main Asiatic landmass have genetic material inherited from him. That's a harem won by glory, sir. Genes don't lie: Genghis was the man.

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Pillaging hoards aside, there's a mob of Bobs out there right now, so be semi-careful in your travels around the site. The Bobs are really quite easily handled, really. Just tell them you're not evil and they'll move on. They're more about waving fists and cudgels and such around than actual mayhem.

Welcome