• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What Are You Playing Now?

Black Cat

Acolyte
I've been in a retrogaming mood, so I've been replaying Amulets & Armor. I dunno, I've never quite found a game that scratches the same itch except perhaps some Minecraft mods. It's quite a shame because "FPS/RPG with episodic adventures" seems like it would be a more common formula.

Or maybe it is and I just haven't heard because I mostly play old games anyway... :pompous:

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Sweet. I'm easy enough to find (Steerpike7). My main character is also a werewolf, which has been fun!
I will look you up tonight when I log on! What race is your character? I'm in an Aldmeri rp guild and it's amazing. :)

Last edited:

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
When I'm not obsessively working it's World of Warcraft, as usual. Also playing a lot of Fable on Xbox One (backwards compatible, I have all three consoles). Also Star Wars the Old Republic and a little Mass Effect.

Getting an idea why I'm a slow writer. lol
Sorry for the double post but the same. I've been roleplaying in ESO and doing no writing. Lol. -_- I actually have an entire weekend of writing planned so...

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I will look you up tonight when I log on! What race is your character? I'm in an Aldmeri rp guild and it's amazing. :)

Main character is a Wood Elf Nightblade (EP)
Also have a Dark Elf Sorceror (AD)
an Orc Dragonknight (DC)
and a Dark Elf Necro (DC)

those are level 50.

A Redguard Warden (AD) and an Argonian Templar (EP) at levels in the 30s.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Main character is a Wood Elf Nightblade (EP)
Also have a Dark Elf Sorceror (AD)
an Orc Dragonknight (DC)
and a Dark Elf Necro (DC)

those are level 50.

A Redguard Warden (AD) and an Argonian Templar (EP) at levels in the 30s.
I couldn't find you under that name. What is your @?

I also have a Wood Elf Nightblade! She uses archery + wands. Then there's my prized Altmer Dragon knight and the Breton Dark Brotherhood assassin. I roleplay the latter two because it's been hard finding other players who do Bosmer. Poor hated Bosmer, lol. My @ is DanHirschberg if you want to look for me. :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I couldn't find you under that name. What is your @?

I also have a Wood Elf Nightblade! She uses archery + wands. Then there's my prized Altmer Dragon knight and the Breton Dark Brotherhood assassin. I roleplay the latter two because it's been hard finding other players who do Bosmer. Poor hated Bosmer, lol. My @ is DanHirschberg if you want to look for me. :)

My @ should be Steerpike7. I’ll double check it tonight, or else try to add you. I’m about to be out of town for four days but after that I’ll be back online as normal.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
My @ should be Steerpike7. I’ll double check it tonight, or else try to add you. I’m about to be out of town for four days but after that I’ll be back online as normal.

Looks like we are friends now :) Was heading out of town this morning—won’t be on for a few days.

I’m making some slow but sure progress in DOOM Eternal, and I’m having a blast. There’s something viscerally satisfying about chainsawing demons.

Saigonnus

Auror
Lately, I have been playing Fallout 4 (with all the DLC), Surviving Mars on my PS4 and Europa Universalis IV on the PC. That last is kind of new for me, and it has been tough to get the dynamics of the game down. :)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Playing Dragon Quest XI. It's deeply strange, in a variety of ways, including having as much game play post-credits as in the main game. But it's fun and it's relaxing, which is welcome after Borderlands!

Also playing a bit of Streets of Rage 4, mainly because my wife and played 2 and 3 endlessly, back in the day.

Gurkhal

Auror
Just played Vermintide 2 and finished the last Legendary map for the Legendary Challenge with Sienna, Fort Brachsenbrücke, with a fire sword specially designed to kill every single plague monk which showed its ugly face to me. And this time, I got the last laugh.

Nighty_Knight

Troubadour
Final Fantasy 7 remake. I’m near the end now, very impressed with how good this is. Pacing is a little off and they added a bit of filler just to add playtime to it. I didn’t like the introduction of a certain character as early as they did, it lost a good amount of the mystery surrounding him. Overall, the good outweighs the bad by a large margin, I love how the characters turned out all even more likable than original, and others with small roles for more screen time and development.

I decided, slightly on a whim (well, pay day helped) and having watched Outside Xbox play it, to get SnowRunner. I have gotten next to nowhere since starting, but it has surprisingly pulled me in as much as an RPG usually does.

Kalshion

Dreamer
At the moment I have two games up, the first being FFXIV (waiting for a bloody queue, ughs) and the other being Stellaris, where I am eradicating all life in the known universe! >:D

Silvahkir

Dreamer
I recently played through Outer Worlds and now Pillars of Eternity. I am interested in how Obsidian is inserting itself in the space left by Bethesda and Bioware. I was struck by how many fragments of writing went in to Pillars of Eternity in the "soul reading" your character can do. At first I was overwhelmed at the prospect there could be important things buried in the details. Overwhelmed, but feeling challenged and interested. Then I found out that those soul memories are not tied to the main story at all (overstatement). Kinda of sad I thought. Still playing and enjoying the nostalgic role-playing technics of older style games.

Saigonnus

Auror
I recently got Stellaris; Console Edition recently, and I too am conquering all of the known universe as a xenophobic and militaristic race of humanoids... I thought I was screwed at the beginning, when my nearest competitor was literally 3 systems away; trapping on that side, but presently, I own perhaps 1/4 of the universe and haven't had my first war yet. :p