• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Glad to be here!

Hello everybody!
Glad to be a part of the site!
I haven't actually been active on a forum for a long time, but I was hoping to find a community of writers who could help me to grow as a one!
Though I've been writing for a long time, this summer I finally made the leap into writing a full novel. I've been busy with my college studies so progress has been slow, but it's sitting at around 35,000 words. I'll talk more about it on another post, but I can't wait to chat with everyone about all things fantasy!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Struggling Unnecessarily
Good to have you here.
This is a great place to learn and share so I hope you find it as supportive and helpful as I do.
Leap on in and enjoy.
And BTW... Probably the best username on the site... I just wonder what we'll end up shortening it to?

I'll take a shot at shortening it. . . Welcome Struggs!

Congrats on getting the novel to that point! That's already a fine achievement. Slow going is ok too, just keep at it!

Here's hoping the site and this awesome community can help you, in some small way, get there.

Cheers!
Maker

Hawthorn

Dreamer
Welcome! I'm also writing my first full novel, 20,000 odd words so far but very slow progress. I can write several thousand words in a day, then nothing for 2 weeks...
Just out of nosyness, what are you studying at college?

I'm sort of an eclectic mix of interests. I'm a history major, with a minor in sociology. I have also been heavily involved in theater, and the art department at my university. I also do some work with the political science people. Makes for a good bit of confusion because none of the people in any of those departments really know what I am, though it comes with the distinct advantage of being invited to everything as a result.

I am very busy. It is hell.

Hawthorn

Dreamer
Sounds interesting! I can relate to not feeling particularly attached to a department - my degree was in Natural Sciences, and the way it was organised meant I didn't belong to any department until my final year, and had lectures etc. across multiple different departments. I also did a ton of extra curricular stuff, so was very, very busy.