• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Whispers of Ghosts... not quite done.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah, no doubt. The lead in to that scene will be humorous, a priestess used to robes wearing very little... it’ll also be a fun little shot at the scantily clad fantasy heroine while at the same time, having said heroine on the cover ;)

ShadeZ

Maester
You might wanna darken the city and change the colors up some as my firsthand thought is heck that's a ton of green what am I supposed to be looking at. If you darken certain things it will pull attention to that thing such as the priestess or the city.

I really like the artistic more Illustrated style of the art. I doesn't seem as cheesy as a lot of covers do today. It would catch my attention, pique my interest in the series and generally get my approval from the start for having a higher artistic element to the cover. If the scene on the cover echoes or "shows" a scene inside the book, all the better, I like it when I can read a scene in my head and then compare it to how the writer intended the scene to look.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
The first two books’ covers were more “impressions” while this cover depicts a key scene toward the end of the book. Thank you for the kind words!