• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Currently busting my arse behind schedule on releasing Whispers of Ghosts June 25... Making myself nervous, LOL.

And that the Next Generation Indie Book Award.
I'm so far behind schedule with the rewrite of 'Empire: Judgment' it's not funny. A dying computer and MS Word crashing earlier this week are not helping matters any.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
It’s amazing how fast I falls behind and how slow I catch up, heh heh. The kids home from school and needing help with all the schoolwork is totally throwing me off, LOL.

I'm so far behind schedule with the rewrite of 'Empire: Judgment' it's not funny. A dying computer and MS Word crashing earlier this week are not helping matters any.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Eve of Snows is named a Grand Prize Winner in the Next Generation Indie Books Awards, 2nd place in ALL of Fiction.

I mean of course one thinks ’Why not my book?’ when entering contests, but even after winning the Fantasy category I was like... naaaaah, Not my little book, no way it hits the top three. Well, so much for that notion!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Eve of Snows is named a Grand Prize Winner in the Next Generation Indie Books Awards, 2nd place in ALL of Fiction.

I mean of course one thinks ’Why not my book?’ when entering contests, but even after winning the Fantasy category I was like... naaaaah, Not my little book, no way it hits the top three. Well, so much for that notion!
Wow! That is fantastic! So happy for you.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
After many years of wrestling with recording to no avail, we finally broke down and opened up to the possibility of finding a narrator for our audiobooks.

AND WE FOUND ONE!!!

He's awesome. He's actually better than my wife, which is no mean feat, and he sounds a lot like one of our characters does in my head. SO excited! We're still talking time tables, but he's interested in narrating at least the first three books!

Okay, I'll stop squeeing now. :D

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
After many years of wrestling with recording to no avail, we finally broke down and opened up to the possibility of finding a narrator for our audiobooks.

AND WE FOUND ONE!!!

He's awesome. He's actually better than my wife, which is no mean feat, and he sounds a lot like one of our characters does in my head. SO excited! We're still talking time tables, but he's interested in narrating at least the first three books!

Okay, I'll stop squeeing now. :D

That’s excellent, good narrators are tricky to find and time tables... well, yeah... Congrats.

Past the 50k mark for my current project! While it's a completely arbitrary number of course, I like the feeling of passing it, even if I've still got 10k or so words to write. I do feel that the current project is not as strong as the previous one, plot-wise. But maybe that's something for revision (or just imposter syndrome...). On that note, if anyone feels like being a beta-reader, let me know ;)