• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythica

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Blundered across this series of films on You-Tube a few weeks ago, watched two of them, and thus far...I am impressed. While clearly derived from D&D, and lacking their magnificent locations, it compares favorably to both 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Game of Thrones.' The plot and characterizations, while not perfect, have far fewer issues than most other fantasy films - my biggie was the conveniently located 'secret cave.'

Mythica: A Quest for Heroes - Wikipedia

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I thought the movies were fun. I agree that they're like D&D campaigns. I particularly liked Adam Johnson as Thane.

Chuck

Scribe
I just discovered this series yesterday. I am through the first three. I liked them a lot more than I was expecting. It definitely feels like someone wrote the scripts in the way they want their D&D sessions to go. Fortunately, no bard tries to seduce the dragon... yet. While the special effects are obviously low budget, the majority of them came out pretty well. Some of the acting can get a bit over the top, but it has been a fun ride so far and I am looking forward to seeing the last two episodes.