• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ricochet

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Okay, this is going to be a fairly graphic thread, so if you're squeamish, this probably isn't the thread you're looking for.

I have Character A wearing a suit of armor made of metal plates that have already been shown to be bullet proof. This is at the end of Faerie Rising and I can't change it now. Situation is, Character B shoves a .45 Glock under A's chin and fires. How much of a mess are we talking about? Is the bullet just going to bounce until it loses momentum or finds an egress?

Thanks!
Lowan

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
You could be getting into magic bullet area if the armour is bulletproof that close up. Any projectile is likely to bounce around for a while.
That said bulletproof at 50-100 ft is not the same as bulletproof at contact. So it could be straight-through and out...
I'd also wonder what kinetic damage would be inflicted. I'd expect something like a broken neck as well.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
You could be getting into magic bullet area if the armour is bulletproof that close up. Any projectile is likely to bounce around for a while.
That said bulletproof at 50-100 ft is not the same as bulletproof at contact. So it could be straight-through and out...
I'd also wonder what kinetic damage would be inflicted. I'd expect something like a broken neck as well.
Oooh, I hadn't thought about the neck. Good think.

We are getting into magic bullet territory, but there's only one and Etienne, our shooter, is saving it for someone special. The armor has magical qualities, as it's worn by a fae and has been proven to be bulletproof at less than 50 feet.