• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Medieval history

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Starting a new thread because I'm starting to post essays that are not about the Crusades (though there are still a few more of those on tap). This first one is a bit special.

Introduction to the Virtual Pilgrimage

It is a fairly ambitious site (over a hundred pages with tons of pics). I invite people to have a look around and make comments, as always.

But I also am sort of asking for beta readers. If you think parts of the site are underdone (I know there are), if you'd like to know more about this or that, please let me know--here, or by email. If aspects of the site architecture--design, navigation--could be improved, let me know.

This has been something I've tinkered with for over a decade. There's really nothing like it on the Net and I'd like to being this project to a satisfactory conclusion. I'm at that point where the author loses persepctive and could use an editor. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Yeesh. Just did a careful inventory of the pages and see that there is much that needs fixing or expanding. Give me a week or five. I'll post again when I feel the site is presentable for company.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
And we're back, with vPilgrim 2.0.

A Virtual Pilgrimage to Jerusalem

There was quite a bit of fixing up to do. Many of the images were too small, a relic of when I was worrying about bandwidth. I had changed the main character of the narrative and there were still relics of Count Fulk here and there that needed to get changed to Lord Bernat. Some pages were thin to the point of being skeletal. And I performed one major surgery, deciding to cut out a return trip route through Antioch and Constantinople. Had I tried to complete that one, I'd have been at it another month.

Anyway, the Virtual Pilgrimage is now presentable for company. I invite comments, suggestions, and corrections.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
A new installment on medieval history. This one is on banking and money. And yes, I know I published an article on it a few months ago. This one's a bit different, drawn from my university lecture.

Banking and Money