• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Anyone joining this year?

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I am plodding along ever so slowly with the rewrite of 'Empire: Judgment.' Should I somehow complete this by months end (been at it on and off since November!) then my July NaNo, will probably be 'Chimera,' set in AE Lowans world.

roguewitch

Acolyte
Omg, I'm very excited about NaNo this year. I actually haven't done it for just over a decade, but now my whole COVID bubble is going to commit to giving it a shot. My username is roguewxtch if anyone wants a writing friend!

roguewitch

Acolyte
I'm not sure. I've entered every year for the past three years, but I've never got anywhere near the target!

I know a lot of my friends are approaching this with a mind towards fun and few expectations on whether they will finish or keep up with the pace. Maybe it's a good approach to consider if you're unsure whether to put your energy in it?

I'm doing it this year again, but I'll also be editing a book for a client. Some years my NaNo goal has just been to write every day ... this year I was going to aim for the 50 000+ (until the gig came along). So now it's at least write every day and try to clear 50 000+.

Danskin

Scribe
I've done it a couple of times in the past, but won't be joining this year.

In 2019 I managed to get a 1st draft of book 5 of a series done in November. However, it remains in draft form! In the meantime, I have been editing and completing the rest of the series. So it's really good to know that the draft is ready for me to return to soon. I have just this week completed book 4 of the series (the Druid Stones Saga) ready for a final proofreading and publication.

NaNoWriMo is all about just getting the words on the page, and it's brilliant for that – I'd strongly encourage anyone new to have a go. It's brilliant the way the words can start to add up, and even if you only manage half of your target, it's still really good. For me, though, this is the time for editing.