• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2020 Wordcounts

That's a lot... I don't think I've ever managed 5000+ words in a day.

I got to 1245. At least it's over the 1.000 I need to surpass last years total. Starting a new story is hard. It took some time to get into it. But I did learn something about my main character. He has an eye for fashion, apparently.

Ned Marcus

Maester
Wrote the epilogues tonight, chewing up another 1662 words, making it 3329 for the day. Now I'm tired.

I'd not thought about writing the epilogue first. Actually, it feels freeing to write whatever bits of the story you feel inspired to write each day.

I wrote 1,100 words today. Slow but steady so far.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I'd not thought about writing the epilogue first. Actually, it feels freeing to write whatever bits of the story you feel inspired to write each day.

I wrote 1,100 words today. Slow but steady so far.
Yeah, we'll usually write the epilogues as we hit the final 1/4 of the book, once we know how it's going to look for certain. And way to go! Slow but steady is my normal pace. It gets books written. :D

1.073 today. It feels like I'm going at a snail's pace. I maybe manage 500 words an hour and I have 2 hours of writing time in a day (between putting kids to bed and going to sleep myself). So it's hard to do more then that. Hopefully the pace will pick up as I get more into the novel. On a positive note, I am 208 words ahead of the pace I need to top last years total (which needs 1.055 words a day). So there's that...

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I got 1585 words before breakfast and then ended up spending the rest of the day combing through the manuscript looking for continuity errors - and finding them, so the time wasn't wasted.

You guys are all doing awesome! Remember, even if you feel like you haven't hit your goal for the day, every word you type is a word you didn't have before. It's all forward momentum. Keep at it!

Reactions: Ban

SolLilja

Dreamer
Phew, first day is over! I started strong with 5,552 words (y) Good to have some buffer for the upcoming office-hour-work-week.

Oh I miss-typed, guess I was tired or something :D 5052 words on day 1 were written over here!

Day 2 I got 1676 words, and it was a bit of a struggle completing the daily goal. Got about 1300 done before work, and then I had to sit down to finish at the end of the day even though I was soooo ready for bed :sleep:

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Getting a late start, myself. No words yesterday, between stress and needing to go grocery shopping for the month. We're very rural so we do most of it in one day, usually hitting three different towns and seven stores. Getting back to it right now. Good luck, everyone!