• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2020 Wordcounts

3rd: 619
4th: 638

Way lower than the target wordcounts and lower than where I would want it to be. The upside is that the past two days I've only written for an hour or so. So my speed is picking up at least. If I can get back to 2+ hour a day I should be able to make up for the lower word-counts. Though the 50k words once again seems out of reach.

SolLilja

Dreamer
3rd day: 1398
4th day: 1390

I'm happy with that. I'm still a little bit ahead with 9516 words in total. If I write more on the weekends than on working days (which is reasonable), I have a fair chance of finishing.

Ned Marcus

Maester
3rd: 619
4th: 638

Way lower than the target wordcounts and lower than where I would want it to be. The upside is that the past two days I've only written for an hour or so. So my speed is picking up at least. If I can get back to 2+ hour a day I should be able to make up for the lower word-counts. Though the 50k words once again seems out of reach.

It's just about keeping going. I only write about 500 words an hour, so it depends on how many hours I have free.

1233 yesterday. Back on track. Speed is around 600 words per hour again, which makes this about the maximum I can get done in a day. Next up, find a bit more time and see if I can up the speed some more...

SolLilja

Dreamer
Day 5 ended up at 684 words. Not very happy about that, had hoped I would be able to keep the pace up for a little longer. Good thing the working week has ended, hopefully I can free up more time the next couple of days!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
1465 words today. It's a bit below the goal, but I'm still ahead of target, so I'll call it quits early and get some rest in.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Between one thing and another I haven't written in three days. I'm stuck on this scene and having to rethink it. We were also told today that someone's interested in looking at our house (we're buying a new one and selling this one) so we need to get it ready to show on a MUCH more compressed timeframe than we expected, so that's more time lost. Fardling November's out to get me again. At least it's some good stuff this year, but still. >.<

You guys are doing great. Keep pounding away at those keyboards!

6th: 222
7th: 1.067
8th: 795

Not a lot of progress. But the weekend was busy and I was tired in the evenings, so I really had to force myself to write. Still, my speed seems to be creeping up ever so slightly, which is a good thing. If I can hit 800 words an hour and manage 2.5 hours per day I'll get quite far this year. Not there yet, but who knows.

I'm also thinking of sacrificing (part of) my lunch hour to write. Which should get me an extra 30 min. Either to write or to plan what I'm going to be writing. Because, if I know what I'm going to write I'm writing faster...

I also had a look back at last year's progress, and I'm actually only 700-ish words behind last year (I felt like I would be behind further). But last year I only hit a good pace of 1.000+ words a day consistently starting the 12th. So if I can dial up the speed today I'll call that a win. :)

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
A stellar... 500 words!!!

I somehow doubt I'll beat NaNo :p Ah well, slowly plodding along is something as well.

1110 yesterday. Not as much as I hoped before I started, but more than I feared when I sat down to actually write. Procastrination is a thing :)

A stellar... 500 words!!!

I somehow doubt I'll beat NaNo :p Ah well, slowly plodding along is something as well.
Still 500 more than before you sat down to write :)

Lynea

Sage
So, I didn't have a very productive weekend like I wanted but I got some words in today. And I'm grateful because I also got some helpful worldbuilding in place for the chunk of story I'm currently in. I know worldbuilding doesn't typically count as writing, but I'm glad it's out of the way. :)