• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2020 Wordcounts

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Finally got some words in today. 832 to complete a chapter. Our chapters are usually pretty short, so that's normal. Took me most of the day since I was pantsing it, but for me that's not bad.

Ned Marcus

Maester
Day 14—1,387 words. I jumped forward to a scene I wanted to write and wrote it quickly. Good because I'm busy with other stuff today. But it looks like I won't reach 50,000 words this month. At this rate, perhaps 32,000.

SolLilja

Dreamer
I'm currently at 17942 words in total, hope to reach 20000 today. But I'm finding it hard to write on week days and also my motivation is quite low, so I feel like I'm more behind because I doubt I will be able to keep the necessary pace next week. But on the upside, I don't feel stressed about it! I realized I'm only writing for fun so there is no need to pressure myself :)

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
The point of NaNo is to count your words/write every day. I am writing all the time...wrote until 1am last night but failed to count my words so I have no idea where I'm at.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
The point of NaNo is to count your words/write every day. I am writing all the time...wrote until 1am last night but failed to count my words so I have no idea where I'm at.
^ This. Every word you write is a word you didn't have before. I'm sitting at about 5k for the month so far and I'm okay with that because it's progress. Don't sweat the 50k. It's a great goal and it's awesome that so many people can hit it, but a lot of us either can't or never intended to. That's still awesome. You guys are all doing great. I'm so proud of you!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
747 for the day. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a new flash fiction for the website for tomorrow and the start of a new chapter, so progress!

It's been slow going the past few days. Over 4 days I wrote a total of 2629 words. Not much, but I did write each day. The different goals are drifting out of view with each passing day though. 50k is too high a mountain already. But also the 31k I managed last year will be a bit difficult, unless I can speed up a bit or get really consistent at 1200+ words for the rest of the month.

My excuses for the weekend are that I celebrated my mother's birthday, had date-night with my wife and got a call from my parents (my mother tends to talk a lot so it took a while)... On the upside, I have written each day of the month so far and I have gotten 13k words written this month already (for an average of 800+ words a day). So there's that.

double post. But I managed to get 1696 words today. It's about 700 words below what I would need to to actually win NaNo, but it is above the 1667 words total you need on average to win NaNo. So, it's a win! :)

I also managed about 750 words an hour. Which means I would need to either find another hour in the day or increase my speed another 50% or so to win NaNo. But it is fast enough to beat last years total of 31k. I only need 1200 words a day for that for the next 14 days, so less than 2 hours a day. I can do that. :)

Lynea

Sage
It's been 18 days and I just reached the 10,000 word count. I'm not used to being this slow, but I guess i'm just burnt out from all the creative writing I've been doing this year. Yeesh.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
It's been 18 days and I just reached the 10,000 word count. I'm not used to being this slow, but I guess i'm just burnt out from all the creative writing I've been doing this year. Yeesh.
Yesterday I managed to crack 6k for the month so far, in part because my plotter has been too sick to outline for me and in part because I just seem to suck during November. We're also trying to get ready to move, so that isn't helping things. Book's going to be later than I thought. But it's okay. Better late and great than rushed and crap, right?

You guys are awesome. We've passed the halfway point and pretty soon it'll be all climax and action. We've got this!

883 words on tuesday and 2248 yesterday. I found an extra hour or so yesterday, which helped with the high word count a lot. I am now only about 1.000 words behind last years word count. Which makes it very reachable. I'm also still on target with writing each month. 18 for 18 so far :)

Mood for this chapter?

View attachment 2769
:ROFLMAO:(y) That brightened my morning ;) Now I'm curious about the chapter...

1.138 yesterday. Maybe not as much as I'd hoped. But getting started yesterday was hard and the first 400 words took forever to write. Luckily, after that it started flowing and I suddenly had 1k+ words done.

I'm now at 19.109 for the month. with 11 days to go, 31k is within reach (which was last years total). Let's see if I can maybe get to 35k. That would be 1500 words a day. Nothing wrong with pushing yourself a bit. ;)

Ned Marcus

Maester
A few days of a few hundred words a day, but keeping writing every day helps. I'm now just over 20,000 words, and I'm not going to reach the official goal, but am pleased the novel I hadn't planned to start so soon is moving along.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Not so much with the words today. My computer, an Archangel that I named Morningstar, decided to bluescreen. >.< So today I'm up to my elbows in the technical side or writing. I know, a lot of people think this would be a great time to write longhand... but I just can't do that for more than a paragraph and my handwriting may as well be in Mandarin.

A. E. Lowan Did you get a new avatar? I like it. From your next book cover?

My computer, an Archangel that I named Morningstar, decided to bluescreen.
Did you give your IT-gnomes a glass of milk? That helps. Usually your computer has some slots in the side or in the back, specifically for this purpose. Just pour it in slowly and you're good to go. If you really want to appease them, add in some cookies too. Chocolate chip are their favorite.

In all seriousness though, that sucks big time. My stuff automatically backs up to a cloud somewhere, so there would be little actual loss of written words. But I really like my laptop and going without it would put a serious dent in my writing schedule. November really doesn't like you...

As for NaNo, I got less done than I'd hoped. 897, 402 and 1.128 words respectively over the past three days. Somehow, friday is always difficult (probably a combination of a long week and actually paying attention to my wife... ;) ). And saterday I had a visitor, which removed most of the writing time. So 400 is still a decent number. This puts me at 21.536. Getting to my personal goal of 31.645 will be a mad scramble the next 8 days. But I'm still confident to get there. 5 days of 2k words would get me there ;)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
A. E. Lowan Did you get a new avatar? I like it. From your next book cover?

Did you give your IT-gnomes a glass of milk? That helps. Usually your computer has some slots in the side or in the back, specifically for this purpose. Just pour it in slowly and you're good to go. If you really want to appease them, add in some cookies too. Chocolate chip are their favorite.

In all seriousness though, that sucks big time. My stuff automatically backs up to a cloud somewhere, so there would be little actual loss of written words. But I really like my laptop and going without it would put a serious dent in my writing schedule. November really doesn't like you...

As for NaNo, I got less done than I'd hoped. 897, 402 and 1.128 words respectively over the past three days. Somehow, friday is always difficult (probably a combination of a long week and actually paying attention to my wife... ;) ). And saterday I had a visitor, which removed most of the writing time. So 400 is still a decent number. This puts me at 21.536. Getting to my personal goal of 31.645 will be a mad scramble the next 8 days. But I'm still confident to get there. 5 days of 2k words would get me there ;)
Yes, I did change my avatar for the new book! Can't wait to reveal the cover. It's going to be so smexy!

Good writing streak, and good for you to take a day off to recharge. It helps the words come tumbling out when you get back into it. Turns out that was all my computer really wanted: a night off. Everything is running smoothly again. I really love this thing!

Yes, I did change my avatar for the new book! Can't wait to reveal the cover. It's going to be so smexy!
Looking forward to it. And the word smexy is just awesome! :)

I just got my first cover for my first novella finished. And seeing it was great. It suddenly turned a Word document on my computer into "this is actually a book and I'm going to publish it". It all just made it more real somehow.

I got 1.435 words in yesterday. Which puts me just shy of 23k words overall. A bit over 8.5k words left to go and 7 days to get them. Sounds manageable, but it's gonna be close.