• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

If You Were A God What Would You Be God Of?

ShadeZ

Maester
In my books a number of main characters are gods. Their tempers and appearance range all the way from the seductive but dangerous god of lust and red who appears as an incredibly attractive young male elf to his calm, controlled, merciful older brother the god of war, ice, and blue. This got me thinking if the people in my life were (greek/norse modeled) gods what they would be the gods or goddesses of, how would they appear. Figured I could get some creative ideas out of you lot as well.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Fire. Birds. Reincarnation. Hats. Deadly hugs. Bacon.

More serious, I'd be the god of all the other worlds but this one. The one who tells all the stories and opens the gateways and pulls you from one world to another, with a word or two of know-it-all encouragement. Funny, that's actually the story of the character I made that I had my avatar based on.

WooHooMan

Auror
I get bored with most things too easily. I wouldn’t want one specific thing that I’d be tied to so I’d want to have my domain being some kind of abstract concept like “god of synchronicity and patterns” so that way there would be some wiggle room as far as what I’d actually do.

Although, I’ve noticed that there are specific words that people most often describe me as so going off of what people I know have said about me: I would be the god of being chill. Minor domains include generosity, cleanliness and bar trivia.

God of vengeance.
Any being in creation that gets wronged can call upon me and at the moment of it's highest grievance I will answer and avenge them.
Plants, animals, any wronged being craving vengeance shall find it.

ShadeZ

Maester
I get bored with most things too easily. I wouldn’t want one specific thing that I’d be tied to so I’d want to have my domain being some kind of abstract concept like “god of synchronicity and patterns” so that way there would be some wiggle room as far as what I’d actually do.

Although, I’ve noticed that there are specific words that people most often describe me as so going off of what people I know have said about me: I would be the god of being chill. Minor domains include generosity, cleanliness and bar trivia.
God of variety or change perhaps?

AmberliFoxx

Acolyte
I'd probably be the God of Laughter. Purity? Idk, but something like that. I'd honestly be God of Flirting *winks* In my head. I'd never say anything out loud tho, so, lol ;)

LAG

Troubadour
Deity of Time.
Nothing like messing with the minds of the things crawling across their big rocks.
Throw a couple of species on a continent - ZOOP ZAM - see what exists a million years later.
Or pull off people's pants while they are making speeches to their millions of subjects, whatever.
Plant a few artifacts and texts and make an entire species go to war over minute differences in their historical interpretations.

With spans of billions of years to experiment with, the canvas is pretty big.
A cyborg T-rex clawing into tanks becomes boring if one considers the possibilities.

Deity of Time.
Nothing like messing with the minds of the things crawling across their big rocks.
Throw a couple of species on a continent - ZOOP ZAM - see what exists a million years later.
Or pull off people's pants while they are making speeches to their millions of subjects, whatever.
Plant a few artifacts and texts and make an entire species go to war over minute differences in their historical interpretations.

With spans of billions of years to experiment with, the canvas is pretty big.
A cyborg T-rex clawing into tanks becomes boring if one considers the possibilities.
LAG , you have given the most ingenious answer so far.