• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where would be the best place on this site to post a tease for my book?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
If you're looking for feedback on a book teaser then Critique Requests is a good bet. The Marketing forum would work too.

Arranah

Troubadour
Thank you all. I thought of the critique section, but it talks about manuscripts. This is just a tease. In the portfolio section it's supposed to be my best work - well, the book may be my best work, but the tease sucks. Marketing also seems like a good choice. I debated both of them. No conclusions yet. Grin.

Lynea

Sage
Hmm. When you say tease, do you mean a synopsis? If you'd like, you can also tease by posting a chapter or a smaller excerpt. Portfolios are great for that.

Arranah

Troubadour
Hmm. When you say tease, do you mean a synopsis? If you'd like, you can also tease by posting a chapter or a smaller excerpt. Portfolios are great for that.
No, by tease I mean the blurb that your read inside a book cover to entice people to take a further look. I'm not going to post a chapter or a synopsis. I don't need help with that. On this site I am not looking for buyers for my book. In this case I'm looking for writing advice on how to do a better job on this tease.

Lynea

Sage
Oh, ok. Then yeah, I know the critique forum is mostly manuscripts and stuff but you should post the tease you've written there and see what people say.