• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

Creggan

Acolyte
Greetings All-

I am a former AD&D player, and these days I am mostly a reader of fantasy and folklore. I have a particular fondness for Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Manx, and Breton folk tales. I've been tinkering with writing some short stories of my own on and off for years.

I joined mostly to read what other people are thinking about in fantasy, and perhaps get inspired to begin writing a bit more seriously.

Thanks for having me!

Creggan

Acolyte
Also- if anyone knows of any good threads or forums that discuss folktalkes ( I love them all, not just those from the area around Britain) I'd love to get some recommendations. Thanks!

LAG

Troubadour
Greetings Creggan! Being a fresh fish here myself, I can not guide you to the folkloric threads, but I'm sure they do exist. These intro threads seem to be as silent as mole graves, so DM'ing an old hand or a mod or another such creature might grant you the knowledge you seek.

Good luck, and good huntin'!
Oh, and welcome.

Hello Creggan! Welcome to the Scribes site! I did a quick search and came up with few relevant threads for folktales, so I would suggest starting one on a subject you like and see if you can get a conversation started that will suit you!

Good luck and enjoy the site!