• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from a newborn baby writer!

SwordyPop

Dreamer
Hello! Just thought I'd make a small introduction.

It's a little embarrassing to say, but I don't really have any actual experience with writing other than all the roleplaying I did when I was younger (and not so young too I guess *cough*) But I've always had a love for fantasy and wanted to make my own story ever since I was a kid, but was never confident to actually put words to my ideas.

2020's just been one bad turn after another for me, and after such a long and hectic year, I finally decided that it was time to do something for me and actually let myself work on my story, so I'd been reading up on advice and decided to dip my toes in the writing community.

I'd really like to make an effort to learn from the community and make some friends, so I hope I don't annoy too many people with my questions. I love character-driven stories and hope to write my own dark fantasy. I've started planning out the first few chapters and I'm having alot of fun with it!

It's nice to meet you all! :happy:

Hi Swordy! Welcome to the Scribes site. There is a wealth of information here and plenty of great folks to bounce things off of. I hope the site will be of use to you and provide you with encouragement and inspiration along the way. :) DO write your story. . . because no one else can.

Sarah.moore

Dreamer
Hi there and welcome to the forum♡
Its so nice that you finally gathered your courage to start your dream . Its the same for me . i wrote one or two things before but they weren't fantasy so basically I'm new to the whole fantasy writing too . Hope we all can build our own beautiful fantasy world