• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Game of Thrones

So excited. Also it is the only series that I can watch/read and enjoy where the whole time watching that trailer I said, "Ooh, I hate him so much. I hate him. Hate him. REALLY hate her."

Thought just hit me: If people can walk around wearing team jacob shirts why the hell don't we have some serious game of thrones gear going around? I want my #TeamSnow and #TeamTommen shirts today. (Hey, Tommen is a vastly underrated character. Tommen is the s***. I will fight you over this.)

That would probably make it better, I just did it because the shirts I have seen for twilight and such have hashtags. Also, I'm in a twitter mood.

gerald.parson

Troubadour
Thought just hit me: If people can walk around wearing team jacob shirts why the hell don't we have some serious game of thrones gear going around? I want my #TeamSnow and #TeamTommen shirts today. (Hey, Tommen is a vastly underrated character. Tommen is the s***. I will fight you over this.)

No one of worth really dies in Twilight. In when they do, they are really not dead. Everyone dies in A Song of Fire and Ice. Rest assure Jon Snow is dead, if he isn't, I will be shocked. Tommen is as good as dead.

I know, right? I'd like to kill her myself. There are so many people I hate in the books, but somehow there are less than in the beginning. Somehow Martin tricked me into liking some of my most hated characters.

kadenaz

Scribe
fine photography there, but in the book they all die in the first ghost-zombie attack, while in the movie it looks like they just flee

topazfire

Minstrel
I know, right? I'd like to kill her myself. There are so many people I hate in the books, but somehow there are less than in the beginning. Somehow Martin tricked me into liking some of my most hated characters.

I have just started Feast for Crowns (the fourth book) and I totally agree. I nearly threw the book when I saw that Cersi had a POV. I did not want to be inside her twisted head. Jaime on the other hand - totally love him. Martin made a complete 180 with his character and I actually feel sorry for him and want him to succeed. Brienne kind of annoys me, but it's partly because I don't think she truly owns who she is and how awesome she can be. Unlike Sam who is similar in his lack of confidence/acceptance of himself - he is really coming into his own.

And really, who isn't on #TeamArya !! Full Stop.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
We also need hate shirts. Cersei will sell out within the hour.
I'm watching the HBO series for the second time around.

Just saw episode 2 last night - the one where Cersei refuses to tell what really happened after the prince claims it was Ayra and the butcher's boy who attacked him. My wife already hates Cersei.

Topazfire- yeah, I was talking about Jaime, but I didn't want to give away any spoilers for those early in the books. Also, I kinda liked Brienne.

Sidekick- I'm telling you, there is a serious market haha

There were a lot of added sex scenes. Maybe they 'sexed it up' to get maximum ratings? I'm not prudish (well, not overly) but one of the scenes in the Brothel with Littlefinger gave me the irrits, it so obviously had no other purpose other than for the added perv value. I'm sure many wouldn't complain, and as a whole I loved this series, but some of those scenes were just irritating.

I know exactly the scene to which you refer, and I had the same thought. Pure gratutious and unnecessary waste of time footage...

I enjoyed the books (through book 3 where I stopped until he finishes book 6), but I'm not really big on some of the POVs which to me could have been eliminated or at the very least treated as a separate book/series altogether. Still the general storyline (when Martin sticks to it) is interesting and the majority of the characters are compelling. As for the HBO adaption, my only knock on it (even though I understand the reasoning) is that the settings were not as grand as depicted in the books. Winterfell is very rustic instead of this ancient structure of untold history, and Kingslanding could not possibly live up to the granduer with the budget the production had. Still, these are aesthetic nuances that I can overlook considering the many virtues of the production, cheifly the quality of the acting (which speaks to the quality of the directing) and the overall casting which has already been covered in numerous posts. I'm thinking, the next season (and hopefully beyond) could actually eclipse my regard for the books if they cut the POVs that seemed to bog down the story rather than progress it.

gerald.parson

Troubadour
I have a theory, and I may be wrong, but from someone like myself that has read all the books ( that are available) well before the series was even thought of, well the first 3 at least, I think it is going to run into the same issue many of the books did with reader's such as myself. Too many good characters die off and too few decent characters are introduced, and everything become predictable. I think next season when "they" get killed and the viewers are left with a few familiar characters the ratings will drop, and by 3rd season the show will be dead.
Of course a lots depends on the casting, if they continue casting strong actors that exceed expectations they might alright. But overall I think the whole thing gets redundant, and Game of Thrones ( or in this case the 1st season) was just the beginning of a long stretch of much of the same thing.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I know exactly the scene to which you refer, and I had the same thought. Pure gratutious and unnecessary waste of time footage...
Yeah... that scene. I'm not looking forward to watching that part with my wife. She slept through that episode the first time, and I remember wanting those girls to put something on (besides each other) before my wife wakes up!

Trying to convince my wife that I'm into the show for the plot must come out to her as "I read Playboy for the articles."

Yeah... that scene. I'm not looking forward to watching that part with my wife. She slept through that episode the first time, and I remember wanting those girls to put something on (besides each other) before my wife wakes up!

Trying to convince my wife that I'm into the show for the plot must come out to her as "I read Playboy for the articles."

Haha my dad was sleeping too. I changed the channel about six times thinking he was waking up.