• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi all!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Just dropping in to introduce myself :). My name is Marie and I've got a writing addiction. :D I write fantasy, steampunk, and space opera and am currently seeking an agent and have a book out on request with an editor. For years I've been in the RWA (Romance writers) just because we (under/un published fantasy novelists) don't have a professional group we can join. (yeah, SFWA- that means you :mad:).

I have to say that I've learned alot from them (writing is writing, peeps) but it would nice to hang out with some folks for whom I don't have to preface everything with "Ok, remember, this isn't a romance book..." ;).
In other words- I want to be with my people...aka other fantasy novelists.

I do have a day job- but I am doing my best to someday write my way out of it. I'm a geek and since I live in So. Cal. have been a chronic Comic Con San Diego attendee for waaaaay too many years.

I also have a blog, but couldn't find anything on the rules of posting blogs...think it's ok- but don't wanna step on toes.

Nice to meet you! And if you have blogs (or know of really good genre writing blogs) please send them my way.

(*looks down* Oh, and what the frell is a "trackback"?)

Marie

JCFarnham

Auror
A lot of us have links to our blogs in our signatures. Or you could see if you could post it in promotion or something.

In other news ...

Welcome! I dooo enjoy it when steampunk and space opera writers join. Sounds like we're on the same page ;)

Reaver

Staff
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes, Marie! It's great to have you in our community!

MAndreas

Troubadour
Ok- um- yeah- so I can't comment on my own post? I keep commenting, and nothing is posting.

Well THIS one posted...anyway- thanks for the welcomes. Have no idea how to post a blog as a signature. Tried to just add it twice and it may be why my other posts never showed?

Weird

Last edited:

MAndreas

Troubadour
WOOT! I've got an avatar and a signature line! I'm cooking with fire! *nothing to see here, move along*

Oh and JC and Reaver- since my other posts are gone- thanks for the welcomes!

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
When a new user leaves a post with a link the message automatically goes into moderation. It's an anti-spam feature.

Once you've been an active member for a while the spam filter will learn to trust you, and will leave your posts alone. :)

Klee Shay

Troubadour
Just dropping in to introduce myself :). My name is Marie and I've got a writing addiction. :D

Hi Marie. We have forums for that sort of thing. First names only.

Welcome to our . . . um . . . world. Please find numerous, helpful forums here and let the rest of us know where they are. Thank you.

MAndreas

Troubadour
Thanks Black Dragon :)- hopefully it'll let me post links soon- had to spell out two good ones on another post :)

MAndreas

Troubadour
LOL Klee! I do think writing should have a 12 step program ;). It's just NOT healthy, we're all sick, sick little puppies for doing it! Thanks for the welcome- it's a very interesting world here- so far I'm enjoying it alot.

Sorry this is so late, welcome to the space!
smile.png
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
~BL~

MAndreas

Troubadour
Thanks Aidan :). I'm fairly trustworthy, well as much so as one can be who likes to make up stories all the time ;).

Nice to meet you :)

Oh and your tag line is PERFECT, one of my favorite lines.