• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Soul Abilities

So aside from Humans, every race in my verse has something cool they can do with their Soul. Dragons fire concentrated blasts from their mouths, Elves pick up magical frequncies with their ears, Kitsune store excess magical energy in their tails, Ivoryfolk(elephant people) commnicate by linking their Souls with others, Vampires filter the blood they drink through their Souls, Dwarves can crystalize their Souls, and Goblins can fuse with objects. I need abilities for Orcs, Satyrs, Centaurs, Plant People, and Minotaurs. Any feedback is appreciated.

K.S. Crooks

Maester
A few soul ideas:
Orcs- control earth or rocks
Satyrs- transfix other souls using music
Centaurs- infuse weapons with soul energy
Plant People- transfer life force
Minotaurs- transfer strength between people

Mia

Troubadour
okay so i thought longer about it so it wouldnt be what you alrady find here is what i came up with

Centures can make others under the influence of wrath or they become stonger under the influence of wrath ( I personally prefer the former)

orcs they could have their soul linked to stones only ( maybe because their souls are weaker than other species so instead of a highly broad area or a complex one (like your vampire specie theirs is a simple extremely specific one) which they became extremely good at) they use it as camouflage, use it to control stones (like the force but limited to stones)

satyrs can make your soul like under the influence of magic mushrooms. (they are known to accompany Dionysus under his massive orgies so why not?)
recent research suggest magic mushrooms could acctually help with expanding the mind and could have some help with some addictive conditions. Do your own research)
so maybe if a human hits a bottle neck in magic he can seek for their help, or if his enemies take a hold of him and make him weak by making him an addict his friends could ask for the satyrs help. Etc

plants I would gather the power of the sun like plants do. Either they gather light/warmth/heat. Or I would make them absorb the aftermath of magic/soul use if those are nocif (like plants trap CO2)

Minotaurs ( the only one we know used to live in a labyrinth and track others) so I would go with that. Minotaurs (can become one with the terrain (need a distance limit on this one) it allows them to know how many people are coming that are walking on earth, if they are centaurs they wont know though because they might assume its a regular horse) where is the path that lays ahead ( you could also use it for the orcs if you prefer and find something else for the minotaurs

okay so i thought longer about it so it wouldnt be what you alrady find here is what i came up with

Centures can make others under the influence of wrath or they become stonger under the influence of wrath ( I personally prefer the former)

orcs they could have their soul linked to stones only ( maybe because their souls are weaker than other species so instead of a highly broad area or a complex one (like your vampire specie theirs is a simple extremely specific one) which they became extremely good at) they use it as camouflage, use it to control stones (like the force but limited to stones)

satyrs can make your soul like under the influence of magic mushrooms. (they are known to accompany Dionysus under his massive orgies so why not?)
recent research suggest magic mushrooms could acctually help with expanding the mind and could have some help with some addictive conditions. Do your own research)
so maybe if a human hits a bottle neck in magic he can seek for their help, or if his enemies take a hold of him and make him weak by making him an addict his friends could ask for the satyrs help. Etc

plants I would gather the power of the sun like plants do. Either they gather light/warmth/heat. Or I would make them absorb the aftermath of magic/soul use if those are nocif (like plants trap CO2)

Minotaurs ( the only one we know used to live in a labyrinth and track others) so I would go with that. Minotaurs (can become one with the terrain (need a distance limit on this one) it allows them to know how many people are coming that are walking on earth, if they are centaurs they wont know though because they might assume its a regular horse) where is the path that lays ahead ( you could also use it for the orcs if you prefer and find something else for the minotaurs
I like Terrian Manipulation for Minotaurs, it fits perfectly. The problem with Satyrs is that Sound Magic is a thing, while Satyrs have an Affinity for it musical hypnosis is a basic Spell. That's why I like your Dionysian take on it, like Terrian Manipulation it fits like a glove! As for Orcs, one of my concepts was to give them a volcanic battle mode. Since that ability is taken, Centaurs lack an ability. As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of applying the wrath concept to a speed boost ability. They get faster the angrier they are but have no innate boost to any other stats. That just leaves the Floranoids.

Spacebar

Scribe
Orcs, Satyrs, Centaurs, Plant People, and Minotaurs.

Orcs: Soulfinding. The ability to literally sniff out the location and quality of nearby souls, for the purposes of hunting and warfare.

Satyrs: Soul Arousal. Inflames the soul through music and dance, leading to reckless and exaggerated behavior in both themselves and others. This can result in either a wanton bacchanalia or a berserk frenzy. Can be used to buff allies or disrupt enemies, but is indiscriminate in effect. Can retain consciousness while in berserk state.

Centaurs: Soulsight. Living on open plains and relying on archery for hunting and battle, soulsight gives them preternatural aim and awareness of traps and obstacles in their path. Developed to the extreme, can allow for oracular visions of the future.

Plant People: Soul Propogation. In addition to reproduction through pollination and seeding, can also create perfect copies through root sprouting. Original and copy share a consciousness, with possible distance between copies dictated by soul strength, and cannot be separated by too great a distance without sustaining damage through loss of memory and soul power and potential loss of sentience. Number of copies limited by strength of both consciousness and soul, with creating too many leading to vegetative behavior i.e. taking root and turning into an actual plant.

Minotaur: Soul Mapping. Minotaurs always know where and when they are. They have a perfect sense of space and timing, so they are never lost, and are unrivaled at setting up ambushes and coordinating attacks. Also really good at playing the drums.

Orcs, Satyrs, Centaurs, Plant People, and Minotaurs.

Orcs: Soulfinding. The ability to literally sniff out the location and quality of nearby souls, for the purposes of hunting and warfare.

Satyrs: Soul Arousal. Inflames the soul through music and dance, leading to reckless and exaggerated behavior in both themselves and others. This can result in either a wanton bacchanalia or a berserk frenzy. Can be used to buff allies or disrupt enemies, but is indiscriminate in effect. Can retain consciousness while in berserk state.

Centaurs: Soulsight. Living on open plains and relying on archery for hunting and battle, soulsight gives them preternatural aim and awareness of traps and obstacles in their path. Developed to the extreme, can allow for oracular visions of the future.

Plant People: Soul Propogation. In addition to reproduction through pollination and seeding, can also create perfect copies through root sprouting. Original and copy share a consciousness, with possible distance between copies dictated by soul strength, and cannot be separated by too great a distance without sustaining damage through loss of memory and soul power and potential loss of sentience. Number of copies limited by strength of both consciousness and soul, with creating too many leading to vegetative behavior i.e. taking root and turning into an actual plant.

Minotaur: Soul Mapping. Minotaurs always know where and when they are. They have a perfect sense of space and timing, so they are never lost, and are unrivaled at setting up ambushes and coordinating attacks. Also really good at playing the drums.
I love these abilities too. I think the Orc ability is too similar to Ebberon's orcs so I'll keep looking. I like the focus on percussion instruments for Minotaurs but I think I'll stick to terrain manipulation even though Magic offers similar effects.

Spacebar

Scribe
I love these abilities too. I think the Orc ability is too similar to Ebberon's orcs so I'll keep looking. I like the focus on percussion instruments for Minotaurs but I think I'll stick to terrain manipulation even though Magic offers similar effects.

I thought the drums would be an extension of their perfect timing, meaning that they also have perfect rhythm. Maybe they're also tone-deaf, so their only music would be percussion.