• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Character Interviews?

Mythos

Troubadour
Here's an interesting writing exercise. We post our character's bio while pretending to be them, so autobiography. Then the other members ask the character questions, and the original poster answers all the questions as his/her character. We could probably put them in the challenges subforum.

Kelise

Maester
I'd quite like this as well ^^ Maybe if we keep it all to the one thread, and quote each other when replying/answering, it could go in the challenges subforum like Mythos suggested. If we each had our own thread for each character, it would need it's own place, like Introductions, eek!

Mythos

Troubadour
It would be kind of confusing to have them all in one thread, but if each character has a thread then it'll still be messy anyways. I'd rather have one character thread per user, and they can decide which character they want interviewed that day.

Amanita

Maester
I have a few questions on the character biograpgies. How long are they supposed to be? And are they supposed to be before or after the events of the story, or somewhere in between?

Mythos

Troubadour
I'd imagine it would be before the story and maybe the very beginning of it as well. This way you could get ideas for the rest of the story.

JGSTYLE

Acolyte
This is definitely a great idea. Staying in the voice of your character while being forced to consider "outside stimuli" as it were. Very cool. Did this happen already?

Ravana

Istar
A thread has already been started in the Challenges subforum, but as mentioned here and there, it would probably be more useful for this to be a separate subforum in the Showcase, so that each character can have a different thread. From looking at this thread and the other one, it appears there should be enough interest to justify this.