• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Emperor release

Just this weekend I hit the publish button for my first Novella: Emperor

It's a tale about what can happen when those in power are anonymous and willing to do anything to protect their power. That, and demons rampaging through a medieval, east Asian style forbidden city. And explosions.

It's available in lots of places, though the paperback is currently Amazon only. And I'm just very happy to get it out there. There's something magical about seeing your work in an actual, real store...

Blurb;
Shiro thought he would do anything to serve his emperor. He thought wrong.
The empire has existed for hundreds of years, its emperors ruling by divine mandate. And now the empire is crumbling. The Khaganate is ravaging its borders. In the interior, a civil war is brewing, led by a group of nobles who want to put their own emperor on the throne.

Shiro works in heart of the empire, the Forbidden City in Hinan. Here, he can serve the empire, a small cog in the imperial bureaucracy. Then, he is asked for a favor by the emperor himself and he is dragged into a world of spies.He must secure peace with both the Khaganate and the dissident nobles.

As he travels across the empire, trying to save his world, he stumbles upon a dark secret that sits at the heart of the empire. Just knowing this secret turns him into a fugitive. He becomes hunted by those trying to preserve their power, forcing him to choose between fleeing to save his life and fighting to save the empire he loves.