• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Heya

Alana S

Acolyte
Stumbled onto this while looking for a writing community online. Reddit's pages for such haven't been terribly helpful for me and I am, for some reason, mortified to share my writing with people who know me. I dabble with a variety of things, nothing terribly impressive. I tend to come up with a story idea and then have trouble with breaking it into smaller parts for a novel.

I am attracted to stories featuring parallel realities, strong relationships (NOT romance), and ethical grey areas. I don't mind a bit of "grit" but gross or traumatic imagery that doesn't drive a story is a turn off.

In my non-digital life I'm a parent and my day job is teaching. Like many adults with ADHD, I tend to cycle through hobbies.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I don't mind a bit of "grit" but gross or traumatic imagery that doesn't drive a story is a turn off.

Oh yes, that's exactly my first impression of you when I looked at your profile picture.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay ;)

Alana S

Acolyte
Lol
None of the other thumbnails spoke to me, I didn't want a gorgeous girl photo or the "Bad Ass warriors girls". This guy though, he's not pretty, but he's here, he's trying. Hanging out and doing his best.

Hi Alana! Nice to meet you. I also love reading (and writing) stories with ethical grey areas. The idea of what choices a human will make versus what they think they would do has always fascinated me.