• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How do you change a thread subscription?

When I started posting here, I was automatically subscribed to every thread I posted in and received an email every single time one of my subscribed threads got a response. That's WAY too many emails! I changed my preferences to no longer receive email alerts, but I'm still getting them for every thread I was already subscribed to when I changed my preference. I can't find any way to unsubscribe or stop email alerts on currently subscribed threads.

How can I do that?

Click the watch thread, then you can change your preferences to turn emails off, or turn all alerts off*
*DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click the watch thread, then you can change your preferences to turn emails off, or turn all alerts off*
*DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's no watch thread option on the threads I'm subscribed to but didn't start. Just an unwatch thread option. All it does is unwatch the thread, which presumably means no alerts either? I don't mind seeing alerts when I'm on this site, it's just the pileup of emails that I don't want.

Two options I can find (using a desktop):

1. Go to the "watched threads" submenu item (under forum). At the bottom of the page, click the "Show all watched threads" option. Then, at the top right of the page, there is "manage watched threads", where you can find a "Disable email notification" option (you might need to select all threads first...)

2. go to your account. Under "Settings" there is an "Alert preferences" option, go there. Under the "Messages in Threads" header you can enable or disable email settings. Don't forget to save the changes.

Two options I can find (using a desktop):

1. Go to the "watched threads" submenu item (under forum). At the bottom of the page, click the "Show all watched threads" option. Then, at the top right of the page, there is "manage watched threads", where you can find a "Disable email notification" option (you might need to select all threads first...)

2. go to your account. Under "Settings" there is an "Alert preferences" option, go there. Under the "Messages in Threads" header you can enable or disable email settings. Don't forget to save the changes.
Thanks! I already did step two, but it didn't affect the threads I was subscribed to before I did it. I just did step one, just now.