• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

An introduction

BurntToast00

Acolyte
Hey to everyone on here! I just found this forum a couple minutes ago through searching the internet and I can say, I like the look and feel of it already. A little about me, I've been into writing for years but have only just recently started pursuing it full speed ahead. I've always struggled with deciding on what I want to do with my life and never settled on one direct path. I've tried looking into things like trades, going to college/university and I've even tried the military (Marine corps specifically, I got out back in October.) Nothing peaked my interest until I remembered my passion for writing.

I've started a project recently that's loosely based off of and inspired from the game Ghost of Tsushima. It's a more recent release but it's an absolutely fantastic game and if any of you here are into that type of thing then I definitely recommend it! Storytelling, environment etc. It's all brilliantly crafted and it inspired me beyond anything else. I've made considerable progress on it and was wanting to ask if anyone here would be willing to look over what I have and to give me tips/pointers? Maybe to also potentially combine forces and work on it together if you're willing? I have a deep passion and love for this concept work and have high hopes of getting this off the ground and out to people.

Also a little side note: I want to make this project into a manga (Japanese comic book for those of you who are out of the loop) as opposed to a traditional book. The work is set in a futuristic version of Japan where both the feudal and modern societies collide and the nation is ruled by a Shogun (Japanese military commander.)

I apologize for the long intro but I really wanted to get all I had off my chest. I look forward to meeting all the other writers and creative minds on here!

Welcome BT!

I hope the Scribes site will provide inspiration and connections for your projects!

Sounds like you certainly have a solid idea! Gaming can be so inspiring. I'm always amazed at what is being created in the RPG world and find some, like Monte Cook's Invisible Sun and Numenera, to be my go to, though there are literally dozens of games that have wowed me with their world building.

I will have to check out Ghost of Tsushima!

Good luck with all of your projects and dreams!