• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Long Dry Spell blamed on Political Climate and Pandemic

kennyc

Inkling
I feel like I've been in a daze or stasis or the liminal netherlands for a good four years++ but this month I've resolved to get the hell back with it...and have been going through my draft and completed work and organizing, submitting as well as just getting my head back in the right place.

I've sent out a few dozen short pieces and hopefully it is beginning to pay off. I got an acceptance from Star*Line for a poem to be published on an upcoming issue. Woo-Hoo!!

Am also working to edit and finalize work that has been in stasis for ages...reorganizing my submission files and processes (and market lists).

I also dropped the price on my first Prosthetic Amalgams collection at Amazon and others may follow.

Also hope to have a new release (or maybe two if I get really ambitious!

P.S. I dropped my long-time website/presence just due to cost a couple of years back. May or May not reestablish it. I'm just not sure it is worthwhile. The one thing I do miss from there is my photo albums. :(

WooHoo! Onward and Upward!

Enjoy!

Chasejxyz

Inkling
What were the costs for your website? I use Dreamhost and it's super cheap (I think it's something like $12/mo but it can be even cheaper than that if you want).

kennyc

Inkling
Thanks....I had a more expensive than that I think....they are cheaper now with the competition etc...there's also the maintenance, updating and all that...just not sure I want to get back to much of that at his point...rather spend the time writing, reading, etc... :)

Chasejxyz

Inkling
The nice thing about Wordpress is all of that is handled for you :) It's not like ye olden days where you had to manage everything yourself.

kennyc

Inkling
Well yes and no. I have a blogspot site (just added to my profile ;)), but it's nothing like a real website and I did try wordpress (admittedly ages ago) and it wasn't what worked for me. :)

Last edited: