• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Stumbled here, looks comfy.

Wuolong77

Acolyte
Hello to everybody. I registered here because I really wanted to participate in the cyberpunk worldbuilding discussion, but now that I look closer there's a lot of content here that I've barely scratched.

I've been writing for quite some time. Started my first pitiful attempt at fantasy after I finished reading LoTR at age 15. Though that story is so bad that the only thing it deserves is rotting in the depth of my hard drive, never to see the light of day again. Things I actually finished are a couple of short stories, one stage play and one novella, though none of it published.

My taste and interest in fantasy evolved over time, mostly due to the fact that I also have a deep interest in the natural sciences. As such, the stories I like the most (whether reading or creating) are those that straddle the line between science and fantasy, though on occasion, I also like to direct my creative energies at hard cyberpunk scifi.

Right now, I'm in a somewhat strange place because most of my original stuff is written in German. But due to my changed reading habits and massive writers block, I decided two years ago to switch my writing to English, which until now strikes me as a kinder language for the kind of stories I want to tell. My current writing project (which I consider pure practice) is a fanfiction from a very niche JRPG franchise that is at 195,000 words with much more to come, though once I finish that monster, I fully intent to write original material in English. Drafts for those are already in the works.

Beside German, I'm also fluent in Chinese and knowledgable about Chinese culture. I'm also a huge nerd who is interested in military history (the articles about that topic are what drew me to this site in the first place), martial arts, media theory and all manners of obscure trivia. I also have a degree in biology and a specialization in neurophysiology with some lab experience.

So if any of you have questions pertaining to the above topics, feel free to drop me a PM. Nerding about these things in conjunction with story-creation is something I really like to do.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Woulong77
I think LotR or The Hobbit brought a lot of us the writing table.
I can barely write in my native language so I doff my hat to anyone that tries a second or third language in which to tell a tale.

Saigonnus

Auror
Allo! (About all the German I know) Welcome to the scribes and I look forward to seeing you out there in the lake.