• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Comic Fantasy writer says hello

Hi there, just wanted to introduce myself quickly here.

I'm a Dutch comic fantasy writer who would love to get published over the years. I'm a social scientist working at a university where I do a lot of research, consulting and project management. I spend my free time writing and doing lots of physical activity. Currently I'm working on just one book which I hope to finish by the end of 2021. My main inspirations are Tolkien and Terry Pratchett. I'm currently reading Feist again.

I'd like to be an active member here and hope to meet some fellow comic fantasy writers. I love collaboration and discourse so I hope to have found a good place for that here.

If you have any questions or pointers for me, please share them here or in a PM.

Kind regards,

Second Breakfast

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Hallo mede-Nederlander (Limbo hier. Jij?), als voedsel het eerste is waar je aan denkt met het bedenken van een naam zal je je hier snel thuis voelen haha!

Hoewel ik zelf geen strips maak (of bedoelde je "comedic"?) , is mijn kunststijl toch zeker cartoon-achtig.

Hallo mede-Nederlander (Limbo hier. Jij?), als voedsel het eerste is waar je aan denkt met het bedenken van een naam zal je je hier snel thuis voelen haha!

Hoewel ik zelf geen strips maak (of bedoelde je "comedic"?) , is mijn kunststijl toch zeker cartoon-achtig.

Ha Ban,

Ah Limburg, de mooiste provincie. Hopelijk niet te veel last gehad van de overstromingen? Ik kom zelf uit Gelderland. Met comic fantasy bedoel ik inderdaad fantasy comedy, dus fantasy met een komische toon. Die term heb ik zo opgepikt op andere fora maar zie zojuist op wikipedia dat 'fantasy comedy' ook gebruikelijk is ( Fantasy comedy - Wikipedia ).

Wat schrijf jij zo al?

Groetjes,

Second Breakfast

Ah! They're everywhere, these dutch people. Run! Run for the hills...

Welkom. Den Haag hier :) En Tolkien, Pratchett en Feist zijn uitstekende inspiratiebronnen

Reactions: Ban
Ah! They're everywhere, these dutch people. Run! Run for the hills...

Welkom. Den Haag hier :) En Tolkien, Pratchett en Feist zijn uitstekende inspiratiebronnen

thanks! In de heuvels zijn mensen inderdaad meestal veilig voor Nederlanders, dat fietst toch minder lekker. Gezellig met al die Nederlanders ;)

LAG

Troubadour
Goeie dag!

Glad to see that humorous folk still ply the trade of fantasy. Hope you enjoy it here, and I jus wanna say you and your bro look damned handsome in that photo.