• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fiddlestick's Diary/ My new author site

NRuhwald

Scribe
Well, I've finally done it. My author site is now live.

I found the idea of just posting cover reveals and other news a bit boring, so I've turned my updates into a kind of epistolary serialized story, from the perspective of an character that inhabits the universe I plan to write all my fiction in.

To begin with, Fiddlesticks has just learned of a book with mysterious origins. Sick of the never-ending absurdity of the "crisis" we're all facing, Fiddlesticks decides to distract himself by searching for the book. This book will turn out to be my upcoming novel The King's Children, which is still in the editing phase, so I anticipate Fiddlesticks getting up to all kinds of shenanigans and going on many misadventures in his quest for the book. So stay tuned!

It's a fun idea. And it would definitely give readers a reason to visit your site. The site also looks nice :) Just out of curiosity, what does a library technician do?

NRuhwald

Scribe
Thanks! Well, library techs do a variety of things. We all help patrons find books, use the printer etc. Then we also have our separate jobs helping librarians with their different functions, which may be doing interlibrary loans, cataloguing, updating the library website and so on.