• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Free Proofreading

BloodyNine

Dreamer
Hi all :)

Sorry if this is not allowed, as I'm not promoting any novel/story idea. But I did get the thumbs up from a mod.

I'm Matt, a entry-level member of the CIEP (Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading) and I've completed a couple of their proofreading courses and now looking for some solid experience to go towards my membership upgrade.
So, I'm offering to proofread your work (a check for grammar and punctuation errors, clarity and any inconsistencies in style). It will be for free as I'm simply out for gaining experience. Free review of your material, experience for me: win-win!

As I by no means consider myself a professional yet, shorter works are preferable. And to be clear, this is a proofread service, not a full-out developmental edit or copy-edit. Although that is the direction I'm aiming to go. :)

So if anyone is interested, or you know someone who might be, please get in touch.
Thanks.

BloodyNine

Dreamer
Hi :)
I just wanted to let people know this offer is still open with the same conditions as before, shorter works preferable.

If anyone who could benefit from their work being proofed, as well as the extra time gained from me doing so, please get in touch. :)

Tolkien

Troubadour
Hi :)
I just wanted to let people know this offer is still open with the same conditions as before, shorter works preferable.

If anyone who could benefit from their work being proofed, as well as the extra time gained from me doing so, please get in touch. :)

If you are still around I could have some work for you. What length are you looking for?

Ned Marcus

Maester
Thanks for the offer. I'm surprised I missed this post. I'll soon have a short story in need of proofing, but I guess you've probably moved ahead with this by now.