• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Any good story platforms?

So I want to post the beginning of my work on some sort of platform for the public to enjoy. One problem: all the platforms that are listed are not what I'm looking for. Most of the platforms are all fanfic based, are romance/fluff, or filled with one specific age group. What are some places besides Inkit, Wattpad, A03, and the like?

LAG

Troubadour
I use Royal Road and Scribble Hub.

Each has pros and cons, I'm not prolific enough on either to give an in-depth analysis. Basically, royal road is more western and has chances for amazon-linked ad revenue, while ScribHub is an outflow of Novel Updates, an eastern translation hub. Both are free, though RR has a tier you can purchase.. pro-user or somesuch.

In my experience, it's easier to get readership on SH than on RR, but I haven't posted enough writings to state this as an objective fact generally applicable to all.

Insolent Lad

Maester
I've tried out WattPad and Royal Road and ultimately decided it was better to place any writing for free public consumption on my own blog/site for anyone to read. It will always be there, easy to find, and the reader does not have to sign up or anything of that sort.