• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Keep yor feet on the ground!

Dïgfih

Hello everyone. I am Dïgfih and Dïgfih means me!
I've been planning a fantasy novel for quite some time, and even tried starting a few drafts, but nothing ever came from it. I tried convincing myself it is a problem of lack of time, but I think the truth is lack of motivation. Chances of getting myself to be read by more people than you can count with one hand are small, very small, and chances of being a successful novelist are even smaller, so it often felt like screaming to the void whenever I sat down and started writing a new draft. I thought that maybe joining this community would help remedy that problem.
In addition to that, English isn't my first language, so my grammar and spelling kind of suck. Participating in forums in the past helped a lot to improve my writing for my first language, so hopefully it´ll work the same way for the second.

Looking forward to reading and writing here,

Dïgfih.

PD: Dïgfih is the name of my toon in WoW, hence the title of this thread lol. Hopefully someone will get the reference.

Last edited:

LAG

Troubadour
English ain't me first lingo either, and honestly your language as typed seems spot-on. Anyway, welcome! Hope you find what you seek.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Dïgfih
Good to have you here.
I have found this a very supportive site so I hope you feel at home here.
I can barely write in my first [and only] language. Attempting to write in another amazes me!

Ned Marcus

Maester
English isn't my first language, so my grammar and spelling kind of suck. Participating in forums in the past helped a lot to improve my writing for my first language, so hopefully it´ll work the same way for the second.
Language can be worked on with software, editors, and practice. The most important part is story. Create good stories, and rest is overcomeable.

Welcome to the forums!

Mad Swede

Auror
My advice, as someone who has English as a second language, is to write in your own first language. It's easier, both in terms of learning how to write and in terms of expressing yourself and finding your style. You can always translate later, or get an interpreter to do it it for you.