• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Finally Finished A Novel!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Scribers!

I've been away for awhile, but have some news I want to shar. I finally finished a novel! A full novel clocking in at nearly 110K words. I just wanted to share.

What a grueling, exhausting, exhilarating process. I can now plan the second while the first is going through the first set of beta readers.

Finally!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Devor Thanks. I may have a little time to visit this place more. It has been a tremendous help and I have fond memories of all the people I've met.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
First draft or fully rewritten version?

Hello ThinkerX ! Actually, my 2.5 draft. I've sent it out to some people to beta read. I've decided to let it cool for a bit while everyone reads it. I'll throw my energies at developing a query letter should I decide to go that route, a supplemental short story for the novel, and begin the second novel.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Hello ThinkerX ! Actually, my 2.5 draft. I've sent it out to some people to beta read. I've decided to let it cool for a bit while everyone reads it. I'll throw my energies at developing a query letter should I decide to go that route, a supplemental short story for the novel, and begin the second novel.

Ah, the old '2.5' draft. I'm at that stage with about half a dozen novels, all in either the 'Labyrinth' or 'Empire' series, most of them in the 60-90,000 word range. Yet I still find myself going back to them to tack in new stuff and resolve minor plot bugs.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Thanks A.E. Lowan. Although, I'm sure you're familiar with "and what follows...." instead of "the end." Much luck to you.

Stevie

Minstrel
Thanks A.E. Lowan. Although, I'm sure you're familiar with "and what follows...." instead of "the end." Much luck to you.

Well done Ankari. To quote my editor, 'A lot of people start writing a book, not many of them finish it.' It is quite an achievement when you look back at where you started. I've just finished the 'and what follows ' bit on my first book. It feels like I've just broken through into daylight after digging under a mountain. There's that moment of standing around in the sunlight, fiddling with your pickaxe and going, "Right. Okay. That's it then." Then you start to smile.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Late also. How did I miss this? I blame the pandemic. <g>

Anyway, congratulations! Do let us know once you've taken the next step and either self-published or sent the manuscript out to agents.