• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greeting Everyone!

Ifinx

Scribe
Hi,

My name is Todd and I am 24 years old. I am new to writing in the sense of a full actual novel, in which I am currently working on. For the past few years I have been coming up with ideas for this novel, and in high school I wrote a short story loosely based on the idea for my novel. Tonight I came to realize I need a fresh pair of eyes and wanted to step back and see what the writing community was up to. I would like to find maybe one or two people on here that I could possibly become friends with to toss around ideas and read each others work in-progress to give feedback and encouragement. I do my writing on Google Documents which is free, easy, and it allows me to share my work when I want it to be shared. This allows for feedback to be given without the use of sending an email. So what does everyone think?

Always,
Todd

Hoho you are in luck!

I am sure you will find more than 1 -2 people with whom you become friends with :) I know I sure did.

Enjoy it here dear.
And all the best,
~BL~

Ifinx

Scribe
Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to make some friends here, but honestly I don't know where to start on here. That's pretty much why I just came on into the introduction section. It was nice of you to reply, and it's made it easier already. What about fantasy writing drives you forward? For me I just love the idea of magic, other humanoid races, and mystic beasts. That is what summed it up.

Thank you again,
Ifinx

What made me find this place is a very long story.
I'll try to sum it up.
I had this idea, It started when I got my comparitive religion degree...
From there the ideas bubbled for years, until one day I decided I would try to get them out and share them with the world.
I went in search of people who were just as fun and odd as myself. I found MS. It is now my home base and I have never been happier in my life.
I have made many friends here, and have connected with people in a way that I was never able to before.
Having always been the odd duck in the pond I was never able to fully express my thoughts etc etc.
I now have much more confidence in not only my writing but also in myself. This is because of the members here.
I love this place and all the people here.
Treat them with the kindness and the respect that they so richly deserve.
All the best,
~BL~

Hi Todd, you've found the right place. Please don't feel cautious about diving in, browse the threads and make your voice heard. Honest critique is assured in this place, it has helped my writing in so many ways.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, sir. It sounds like you want to head to the showcase forum. You can start a thread there and include a piece on which you want to hear opinions; just make sure to state in your post that you'd like feedback.