• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Reprobate

Hello,

This is my first attempt to explore writing. I have no idea how to begin. I have led a bizarre life that many have urged I put into written form. Is this the proper place to give a very brief summary and await suggestions?

Thank you.

The Reprobate

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Being new myself I know that your introduction is in the right place. Congratulations! There is an area that you can post sections or summaries in on the Forums. Look around, get to know the area and have fun!
So far, everyone's been super nice and helpful, ask if you don't know seems to be the rule. :) Hope that helps a tiny bit.
Rik

Thank you Rik.

Is it appropriate to post a very brief summary of the subject I intend to put in writing? I guess I am looking for input as to if subject matter is worth expending the effort.
Hello,

This is my first attempt to explore writing. I have no idea how to begin. I have led a bizarre life that many have urged I put into written form. Is this the proper place to give a very brief summary and await suggestions?

Thank you.

The Reprobate

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Well, welcome, first off! Hope you enjoy the community here at Mythic Scribes!

Your idea sounds more of an autobiography, rather than a work of fantasy fiction, but, hell, you might include some fantasy in there - what do I know?

And as for your summaries and whatnot, those would go in the "Showcase" board.

Enjoy your stay!

- Codey

First, thank you to all that have responded. Per Codey, is the "Showcase" the place to post my subject matter and await input? As to Blue Lotus, yes, it is autobigraphical but fictionalizing would seem easy and probably prudent. Many that know me suggesting this unwritten book should be written, including Hollywoood talent agency friend that stated "we couldn't make up in Hollywood, your story." I need guidance on how to proceed.

First, thank you to all that have responded. Per Codey, is the "Showcase" the place to post my subject matter and await input? As to Blue Lotus, yes, it is autobigraphical but fictionalizing would seem easy and probably prudent. Many that know me suggesting this unwritten book should be written, including Hollywoood talent agency friend that stated "we couldn't make up in Hollywood, your story." I need guidance on how to proceed.

Set pen to paper and see what happens :) If Prince can do it so can you!

Showcase does not allow access until I have 5 posts. I assume that means what I write here. Prince? The Artist formerly known as Prince or do you mean Prince Fielder of the Detroit Tigers? I was unaware either had written a book though I do appreciate one's music and the others athletic skill...

Vaguely remember movie you reference. Not that big a fan to pay attention. My music tastes run more to what I grew up with in Detroit in the 60's, Motown, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Cream, Traffic, Jethro Tull, Blind Faith, King Crimson, Zepplin, Floyd...none of which has anything to do with writing : )

Can't find 'what are you listening to" thread. It appears where? Can I ask you question, nothing personal, just looking for an opinion from a stranger..

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Vaguely remember movie you reference. Not that big a fan to pay attention. My music tastes run more to what I grew up with in Detroit in the 60's, Motown, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Cream, Traffic, Jethro Tull, Blind Faith, King Crimson, Zepplin, Floyd...none of which has anything to do with writing : )

Which is awesome. ^^
And yes, the five posts can be here, or about anywhere I've found. go through the writing questions section, or another forum and find something you want to comment on. It's fun!

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Greetings, Reprobate. *pauses* First time I'm not on the receiving end of that appellation...

Anyway, welcome to you! I see you've already begun to explore our grand spaces and make yourself known. Onward and deeper, pilgrim.