• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

SFWA Story Bundle Submissions Open

Ned Marcus

Maester
Have you entered one of these before? Do you know how strict their theme requirement is? This year it's being trapped on the other end of a portal. My first novel might loosely fit.

Joined. Not so much because I think I'll get in (my novel is a very loose fit, and I'm sure there are better authors out there), but I think it'll be a fun experience. And who knows, I could get in...

Also, I like giving Demesnedenoir work... ;)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
LMAO. Trust me, while there are books that are dead on fits, the behind-the-scenes interpretation of whether things fit looks pretty dang loose so far. In hindsight, I probably could've entered Eve of Snows and had a shot with a character with lost memories, and whatnot.

The basic conclusion is: If you think it might fit, Submit. A little different than the OJ trial, but it might just work out ;)

Here's a new press release link: https://docs.google.com/.../1SmRf8FlOFHEFEwLVEDpE.../edit...

Crap, just realised that I had originally intended to submit a different book, which would have been a slightly better fit.

Just goes to show, never do important stuff on Friday after work. Just have a drink instead...

Oh well, at least someone might get a nice read our of it

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah, I've had those moments! Brain skips a rail and I do something totally different than planned. Usually, I end up doing that at 3 am and slap my forehead in the morning.

Crap, just realised that I had originally intended to submit a different book, which would have been a slightly better fit.

Just goes to show, never do important stuff on Friday after work. Just have a drink instead...

Oh well, at least someone might get a nice read our of it

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Submissions end on the 30th and we could certainly use more good entries. Seriously, if you've got a book that MIGHT fit the theme, send it their way and let the screeners decide.

Submissions end on the 30th and we could certainly use more good entries. Seriously, if you've got a book that MIGHT fit the theme, send it their way and let the screeners decide.
It's why I submitted. They can always reject it if it isn't a good fit. And that should be fast enough. But there's always a chance you'll fit in somehow.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
There have been a few obvious sci-fi books, but other than that, most books aren't being discounted out of hand. Once past the initial screening phase, I'll know more about the process and how a large group of people ever to come to agree on which books get in, LOL. The opinions are all over the place, so it should be fun.