• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Well, hello there!

Wyndi Gayle

Acolyte
It's been a LONG time since I've been active on any kind of forum, but boy do I remember spending HOURS on them back in the day! :) I've missed it. So imagine my joy in finding you guys! I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on and sharing some of my own randomness.

My name is Wyndi. I have been writing, in some form or another, for over 24 years. I did not discover my love of writing until I was nearly 30 years old, but once I started I couldn't stop. I've mostly written for myself and on role-playing forums, but I have now dipped my toes into self-publishing. Took long enough! Actually, it took meeting my husband to spark the idea of actually doing anything with my writing other than role-playing forums. I didn't start with a novel, however. He has a love of comic books, and actually piqued my interest in the medium as well. But I couldn't quell the urge to write more descriptively and in-depth. So, even though my first writing credit came in the form of a short four-page anthology piece for a comic book store, when I finished my first full-length comic I just had to write that same story in prose. I love to delve into the inner workings of characters' minds, share their motivations and feelings. That's not as easy to do in a comic book.

Okay, I'm rambling. Just wanted to give a little history of where my writing began and where it's going. Right now, I am crowdfunding my first comic/novella. It's going well, but I'm a little disappointed in the lack of interest in the novella. Hopefully that changes with the next one. :)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Wyndi, welcome here.

Who did the illustrations for the comic and where we would see them?

To what to you attribute the lack of interest in the novella?

Wyndi Gayle

Acolyte
The art was done by Dino Agor, a Filipino artist who is fairly well known in the independent comic book community. He is an amazing fantasy illustrator. He is also the series artist on many other projects.

photo.php

I believe the lack of interest in the novella stems from it seeming to be a 'second thought'. It's not the main focus of the crowdfunding campaign. But because it is a companion piece to the comic, I figured offering it on the campaign was the best route. I'm not so sure now. lol

Last edited:

Wyndi Gayle

Acolyte
Howdy Wyndi, welcome here.

Who did the illustrations for the comic and where we would see them?

To what to you attribute the lack of interest in the novella?

The illustrations for the comic book were done by a Filipino artist named Dino Agor. He is fairly well-known in the independent comic book community. He doesn't have a website, but you can find him on Facebook. As for the lack of interest in the novella, I think it's most likely because I was trying to market it to a comic book audience. I will have to come up with a new strategy next time. :)