• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mae govannen!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Fondest greetings to you all. ^^ I'm Ireth, and I discovered this site via an ad at Notebook in Hand. This looks like a great place. :)

I'm an avid reader and writer, and have been from a young age. I started out chiefly writing poetry, and have since broadened to fanfics and original novels as well as forum roleplaying, though I do still write poems when the mood strikes. I write pretty much exclusively in the fantasy genre; vampires and Fae are among my favorite topics at the moment. My fanfics are nearly all based in Tolkien's works, with a few exceptions, like V for Vendetta, Sweeney Todd and Frankenstein. Right now I have two Silmarillion fanfics in progress, along with two original novels; I also have one novel completed and not yet published. I hope to get advice on a lot of aspects of my writing and writing in general here.

Xanados

Maester
Mae govannen, I am Xanados, mythology extrordinaire!

Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Ireth.

Just a word about fan-fic: It's best to host your fan-fiction on a seperate site, a blog perhaps. Moderators don't really like fan-fiction on Mythic Scribes, so it's best if you put it on a blog and link to it. I used to write a fair bit of Warcraft fan-fic.

Last edited:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Thank you! :) I don't have a blog, but a lot of my fanfics are up on fanfiction.net and deviantART. I could easily provide links there if people are interested.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Hi Ireth,
Welcome!
I just have to say, "Seems an awful waste... I mean with the price of meat what it is, when you get it. If you get it... Good you got it!"
Enjoy your time here, most of us don't own barber or pie shops.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Greetings to you, Ireth. I'm certain you're a wonderful person and very talented at what you do, but forgive me if I state in advance that I won't be eating anything you cook and proffer.

Welcome to the great place. I'm glad to see you have a good taste in reading matter. I've just started reading the Silmarillion, isn't it a genius creation story?