• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

what are you doing

MAndreas

Troubadour
Right now? Sending submissions to agents and stressing. Plus playing around online and pretty much ignoring the novella I really need to finish. And lastly, dreading going to work tomorrow (amazing how much of sunday gets lost to depression about monday...)

Trying to be a decent human and not kill the person sitting next to me... However it don't look good! :banghead: They keep annoying me while I am cramming for my test... >.>

Argentum

Troubadour
Editing kids' book reports at work. Also trying to edit my manuscript on the side. I'm almost too afraid to change anything... ah well, I'll get over it.

just took my mock exam online Pulled a 97 on both medical terms and my Latin! :D
Now If I can just keep the trend rolling with Anatomy, Phyiology and Biology I'll be gone like goose spit in a wind storm :bounce:

Xanados

Maester
Just finished reading "the Council of Elrond" chapter of the Fellowship.
Well, that's not entirely accurate: I only got halfway.
I was too busy going back and forth trying to really get into my mind the information that Tolkien deemed necessary to spew out.

The next half tommorow!

Man I have managed to freak myself out over this test so badly I'm acctually thinking about ditching class tomorrow...

I guess the thing that kills me is that the hubby does not understand WHY I insist on near perfection... He was happy skating by in college, where as I MUST be at the top of the class. Not just because I'm a bit OCD either, I need the scholarships and the GPA.
He is not making this easy. :(

The last three days have been spent begging him for peace and quiet while I try to memorize the million little things that may or may not be on those papers tomorrow and all I get is a "Umm... No, go someplace else!"

Where would I go dude it's midnight??? as Daddy would say, "What a dingbat!"
I really can't wait to move, at least I know my roommates will hardly ever speak let alone make a ton of noise. :D

Last edited:

thetraveler

Minstrel
Trying to concentrate on writing when my girlfriend's life is falling to pieces because of her parents sudden control-freak rampage. I have a self-imposed deadline, and I don't intend to break it, but it's hard when almost every waking moment of my day is spent thinking about her and wishing that things were better.

Trying to concentrate on writing when my girlfriend's life is falling to pieces because of her parents sudden control-freak rampage. I have a self-imposed deadline, and I don't intend to break it, but it's hard when almost every waking moment of my day is spent thinking about her and wishing that things were better.
Luck with that. That's a real drag... :(

thetraveler

Minstrel
Luck with that. That's a real drag... :(

Tell me about it. The weird thing is that they were completely okay with us up until last Wednesday. We didn't advance our physical relationship further, they knew we were kissing, they knew we said 'I love you', they knew it all and they were okay with it. Then Wednesday, they snapped and went into lockdown mode out of nowhere, and now her mom thinks I'm the devil incarnate... It's a crapshoot. Combine that with what's happening to both my girlfriend and I's best friends(who are in a similar situation with each other)... I've gotten 500 words out, though... :-/

Rikilamaro

Inkling
At this moment I am cursing the original idea of becoming a nurse and staring at my clinical paperwork in the hopes that it will accomplish itself. Also, no luck so far. Maybe I need an enchanted pen - anyone got one I can borrow?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'm listening to Enya while thinking about aspects of my various stories, and wondering where on earth most of my day went. So much for productivity.

At this moment I am cursing the original idea of becoming a nurse and staring at my clinical paperwork in the hopes that it will accomplish itself. Also, no luck so far. Maybe I need an enchanted pen - anyone got one I can borrow?

You can have mine! It's a little wonky sometimes it starts writing silly things like "the sky is blue, and so are you! Leave me be and do your own darn work!!!!" but... Hey I mean it writes all by its self! ;)

:timebomb: My brand new puter went poot!:timebomb:

I bought my new computer 31 days ago... Today I get a system error message informing me that the comp is overheating.

I take it to bestbuy where I bought it and they said I have to send it to Toshiba, I asked how long would it take?
Answer: 3 weeks min.

WHAT!!!!!!
I need my pc. Every last note/silde/ homework assignment etc is on here!!!!

Finals are in 2 weeks!

3 weeks my big toe! I asked if it was posiable for them to just swap this out for a new one?

Had you brought it in yesterday we could have done that, but it is 31 days old, not 30.... :banghead: So I ask well is there anything else you can do? The reply was; sure we can loan you a pc until yours comes back for 200$

It really is just not my day!!!!

Now really, how hard would it have been for them to oh; IDK just open a new one and transfer the files so I could go about my week.... :Frown:

The day is rated G double R!

Night folks.

Last edited:

Argentum

Troubadour
Is your computer really dead after 31 days??? That's awful! Mine's overheating like crazy too, but it's 2 years old (no idea what's wrong with it).

I am AWFUL when it comes to understanding Show vs. Tell. I know the basics. Describing is better than telling through dialogue. And I can understand when describing is better than 'telling' through description. Ex: 'He was mad'. vs. 'His eyes narrowed and the corner of his eye twitched'. But when it comes to my own writing? I can't seem to get the knack of it. Which is why Patrick Rothfuss and his books are helping me immensely. He does a good job of showing and I'm one of those people who needs a million examples before I can really grasp it. *deep breath* So, right now, I'm editing my WIP trying to change my tell into show. Wish me luck!

Is your computer really dead after 31 days??? That's awful! Mine's overheating like crazy too, but it's 2 years old (no idea what's wrong with it).

I am AWFUL when it comes to understanding Show vs. Tell. I know the basics. Describing is better than telling through dialogue. And I can understand when describing is better than 'telling' through description. Ex: 'He was mad'. vs. 'His eyes narrowed and the corner of his eye twitched'. But when it comes to my own writing? I can't seem to get the knack of it. Which is why Patrick Rothfuss and his books are helping me immensely. He does a good job of showing and I'm one of those people who needs a million examples before I can really grasp it. *deep breath* So, right now, I'm editing my WIP trying to change my tell into show. Wish me luck!

Yeps... it sucks too! I am sending it to Toshiba later this afternoon, they will give me a loaner to use until I can get mine back but ugh what a hassel. You know... :cry:

As for your WIP Good luck! :)

Sympathies Lotus. I've had plenty of nasty puter experiences in my time. Including missing an assignment deadline due to it suddenly deactivating, I swear that thing is steam-powered. My tutor was very kind and gave me an extension though.