• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another newbie joining the crowds.

Hey all. Just joined the site today. First time doing so. Looks like a solid place for fantasy enthusiasts.
I myself am nothing special, just an eighteen year old guy from England who enjoys writing, fantasy in particular. I'm actually attempting a story now, though have only just finished the planning stages and a few pages of nonsense lol. I know what I want it to be and have the plot, just gotta get it written.
As for my hobbies, I enjoy swimming, gaming, bowling, cinema, poker, reading and writing.
I'm also currently a student at my local college studying Video Games Development.
Look forward to getting to know you all. :D
Oh as for my name - The Realm Wanderer - it is actually the title for the novel I'm writing. Would you pick up a book if it was named that??

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Realm Wanderer!

I like your name a lot, actually. It has a nice ring to it.

I see that you're into video game development. What sort of games are you interested in creating?

Thanks :) Yeah like I said, I'm on a two year course at the moment, which will let me progress to university upon completion. Lately a lot of the work has been theory but we've been using a program called Autodesk MAYA (which is high tech and the software used in the games industry) to model creatures and vehichles etc in 3D on a large scale. It's really complicated stuff but when you finish a 3D model the feeling is great. I like all kinds of games really, action-adventure/RPG styles in particular.

Dr.Dorkness

Minstrel
Hey Realm Wanderer,

good to have you with us. Your name Is indeed intersting. if I was in a bookstore and saw The Realm Wanderer I would sertainly be interested to at least read the symphonis of the story, after that i deside to buy it or not. XD

Have fun here and Good luck writing.

Thanks Doc. I'm glad the title is considered interesting because for me, if the title is pretty lame, there's a much less chance of me picking up the book. And yeah I am liking it here me thinks ;)

Oof Nian

Dreamer
Hey all. Just joined the site today. First time doing so. Looks like a solid place for fantasy enthusiasts.
I myself am nothing special, just an eighteen year old guy from England who enjoys writing, fantasy in particular. I'm actually attempting a story now, though have only just finished the planning stages and a few pages of nonsense lol. I know what I want it to be and have the plot, just gotta get it written.
As for my hobbies, I enjoy swimming, gaming, bowling, cinema, poker, reading and writing.
I'm also currently a student at my local college studying Video Games Development.
Look forward to getting to know you all. :D
Oh as for my name - The Realm Wanderer - it is actually the title for the novel I'm writing. Would you pick up a book if it was named that??

i made my own video games , when i was young like you . I also wanted to be writer , i think we share the same passion right

I guess so Oof Nian :) The Games Development course isn't bad. It's quite enjoyable but most of the practical stuff isn't until the second year. I'm considering taking a break from it to study Ancient History. I already have a qualification in IT so I can always fall back on it, but Ancient History has always been a dormant interest of mine. Maybe Ancient History and Literature to combine it with writing :) But I'd always return to Game Developing eventually, or carry it on as a hobby. It's just I'm fascinated by the ancient world. I'm desperate to visit the pyramids in Egypt, see them with my own eyes.

ozwizm

Dreamer
Hi! I'm pretty new as well. I actually want to be a video game programmer when im old enough. I've learned a lot of programming languages already.

Hey ozwizm. There seems to be a few of us here who are into game developing. Is that a common trait in writers?? lol
Programming isn't really for me I don't think. I think I'd like to be an game animator, which is likely the route I'll take at university.

Welcome to the forum, Wanderer. Remind me never to play poker with you. I'm remarkably bad at card games.:)

(And yes, I might well buy your book if it was named that - my buying habits revolve around reading a few pages before I commit - shiny covers are optional.;))

Hey...I'm not sure how to shorten your user name haha I could say Hey Dusk, or Hey Reign, but somehow that doesn't sound right :/ Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I love poker. Great game. Just lost £100 on it last week actually. That bit wasn't so great. I got greedy and my 2-pair of jacks and aces was outdone by trip ace. But I've won more than I've lost, so it's all good :)

Hey...I'm not sure how to shorten your user name haha I could say Hey Dusk, or Hey Reign, but somehow that doesn't sound right :/
Call me Tom. Or call me Dusky. Just don't call me late for dinner.;)

I've won more than I've lost, so it's all good :)
I've never actually played for money. Just as well, as I'm easily confused and can't keep track of which hand beats which.:p

Last edited:
Okay then Tom :) I'm only eighteen so I've only been playing for real money for like 4 or 5 months. But I played for fun for years. It's a great game. Instantly hooked me. One of my planned POV characters from the novel I'm writing has a gambling background, although obviously the game isn't poker, though its very similar.