• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Claire

Scribe
Hi there - another newbie. My name is Claire. I've been writing for years, but hoping to take the next leap into novel writing (as in, actually finishing!). I have a busy life with three young kids, so finding time to devote to writing isn't easy. Impossible, sometimes!

I have loved fantasy since I was a kid, so writing in the genre seemed like a natural extension of my passion. I'm currently working on a novel, but still heavily in the planning and worldbuilding stage. I'm excited to watch it come to life!

I'm looking forward to getting to know others in this same, rocky boat.

Having only one child I can only imagine how demanding three must be! But I mentally beam, across the ether to you, the faith that it can be done!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome. There are lots of people here in exactly the same situation. I have four kids myself, and my oldest just turned 6, so I know how it is. Take comfort in the fact that whether it is a demanding career, a family, or just stuff demanding our time, we all struggle to be the best we can be, while taking care of our personal business. The great thing about this site is that you can find people who are willing to help you hone your skills and give you feedback, which helps keep you focused.

Hope you find what you're looking for here. It's a great group and very willing to help nd answer questions.

I don't even have kids and I can't find the time to write these days. Anyhoo Welcome to the Scribes, I know what its like to be struggling to find writing time, but thats a story that needs wine and sad violin music. Good work with that planning, it really pays off.

Last edited:

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Hello, Claire!

Welcome to the Scribes. From one mom to another, I get how hard it can be to find time to write. And I only have one. :)

Let us know how we can help, and enjoy your time here.