• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

And then there was me...

I won't bore anyone with a long, drawn-out intro...just the good stuff. :)

I've been writing in one form or another since high school. Today, I am in my mid-40's with a large family and a career that pays the bills. However, in May of 2011, I finally got my foot in the publishing door, and I'd like to eventually shut the door on my current career. My first published novel releases on June 6th of this year and I've got 2 more coming out next year. So life is pretty good...I'm at least on the right track. :cool2:

I write thriller, horror, and fantasy and I joined here in part because one of my novels coming out next year is a fantasy hybrid.

So, I'll be poking around here when I've got some downtime. Looking forward to getting the chance to interact with a good many of you and maybe share tips, ideas, and some good ol' fashioned story-tellin'. :D

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome Twi,

Let me know if you prefer to be called something else.

Congrats on the book release!

Look forward to getting to know you. Let us know how we can help.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Welcome Twilight.

I would like to hear your story, so lengthen your introduction please.

Well, it all started when I was born back in '66... ;)

Actually, it's a really long story that started with my high school English teacher, Ms. Kersenbrock. We all called her Ms. K. In school for as long as I can remember, I was a voracious reader. I would actually read during class(es), holding my books under my desk and reading during lectures, tests, movies, whatever. Got in trouble for it a few times, too.

But Ms. K gave us a creative writing assignment one day, with no criteria other than it had to be creative. Nothing more. After three days, I busted out a 3 page poem called the "Ballad of Ol' Jeff Crud." After reading it and laughing about it, she told me "Whatever you do in life, always write. Whether professionally or personally, always do it. You have a talent."

So I have...on one form or another for 30+ years...both personally and professionally. I've been down many roads with my writing, talked to many people. I've got the scars, the bruises, and the rejection letters that any author must get to finally break through the "you're a new writer, I can't help you" barrier.

Was it worth it?

Heck yeah! :)

Oh, and I still have that writing assignment. The Ballad of Ol'l Jeff crud is in my history box.