• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello, world!

Talmay

Acolyte
Hello, I'm Talmay and obviously new.

I've been searching for a good fantasy forum for a while now, and eventually stumbled upon Mystic Scribes via Google. From my lurking I decided it's an awesome place, and hope to make it my permanent writing home.

In high school I read The Lord of the Rings for the first time, and immediately fell in love with it and the fantasy genre but also, more specifically, world-building -- which has since become my one true passion in life. Because of the impact Tolkien had on my writing the mythos I've been developing is very meticulous (sometimes to the point of ridiculousness).

Right now I have several projects in development, which I rotate frequently when I need a break from one. The current one I'm working on has no title, but I like to consider it my "baby" as I have been working on it close to seven years now. It's a high fantasy concerning the many different facades of immortality, with the framing device being a political conspiracy in a mortal empire.

My favorite book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, and I also enjoy video games (RPGs mostly, but also a good ol' adventure game).

It's nice to meet you all, and hopefully we'll get along!

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Talmay!

We're glad that you stumbled on us. It was the Hobbit that introduced me to the fantasy genre, and got me writing for the first time. We'll look forward to hearing more about your "baby." I've got one of my own that I've been plugging away at for four years now. :)

Play any great RPG video games lately?