• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Hmm... Nano is killing me. If I sew today I make $100. If I write I might stab myself in the eye with a pen... decision NOT made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
So since it's Kill the thread, I just want to share:

What a wonderful day. I can hardly move, but that's the thing about pain... it lets you know you're alive.

I woke at 4AM after accidentally passing out at 8 last night. Whoops. So rather than wake my house full of kids of my hubby (who passed out on the couch) I took my dog out for a walk. So we headed up the bike path at a good clip for a sedentary beotch and an 11 year old 80-pound lap dog, and when we hit the next major street, we just kept going. I tried to jog a lot of the way, but it's unpleasant with a leash in my hand, and tripping over my ill-behaved mutt. We did somewhere around 2.5 to 3 miles and came home about 45 minutes after setting out, the house still quiet. Between his panting and my fear of waking the little ones, we headed out to the back garden. I had a brief shower in the garden hose and then went out to pull weeds from my veggie patch in the morning's first light.

About an hour later I went in and noticed children stirring so I got them breakfast and while my hubby caught up on sleep in bed I got everyone dressed and about 7:30 we all left the house to get some groceries. Early morning shopping rocks!

So then I wrote about 2k words, made lunch, played in my garden, planted more flowers and strawberries, and cleaned up my back yard from the storm we had a few days ago.

I had a nap from 2-4PM and woke in time to make dinner and head out the door for the first day of fencing academy. OMG it was so fun. I can barely move after two solid hours of footwork drills, but my friends are so cool and sometimes it's just nice to get out and get some fresh air and exercise (and the adult company is always welcome in my world of kiddie cartoons and picking up toys). Sure I'll have some bruises and be sore as hell tomorrow, but I really have been stressed about Nano and my WIP. I needed a good day.

Hope you all are having a good day as well.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
What ev's. I sewed, made my hundred bucks, and wrote as well. And mopped my kitchen and den, and worked in the garden... you can try Nano but you will never succeed. I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I had no clue who Caged Maiden was. Now I know! I've got about 13K on my NaNo now. I'm going to make it!

gavintonks

Maester
was offered a merle great dane and being one of the few dogs I have wanted to own said yes, my god she is 6 months old and already as tall as a table, her paws are massive she is huge, did I mention how big a 6 month great dane can be?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Shameless promotion. Check out the Write a Story Death Match challenge. You can immortalize your character in mortal combat (or Mortal Kombat?) with other MS members.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
So yup, I'm pretty hooked on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I don't even know what's so addictive about this show!

gavintonks

Maester
did I tell you how big Great Danes are? they are much bigger than my little ponies,and my colt thinks he has a new plaything

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Speaking of horses...wait a minute...Nevermind, this is about snakes.

Season 3 of the Endless Hunt is almost underway. We need some brave hunters to step forward to join the game! The first two seasons were a lot of fun, so if you're into monster hunting text-based role-playing, come check it out. (I created the concept, but it has since been improved by both Legendary Sidekick and Ravana). Ravana will be running this season so jump aboard!

http://mythicscribes.com/forums/machiavel-ambition/3821-endless-hunt-season-3-snakes-why-did-have-snakes.html

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Now's a good time to create a new hunter. I just added two new skills for Season 3.

Character creation is explained here. Short version: choose a class, a strength and a weakness for your character(s). You need to click that link to know what your choices are, so I guess my short version isn't really that helpful.

EDIT- I'm happy with my new strength called "The Power of Meat!" Oh... I know some of you haven't seen this. Go ahead. Click it. It's the only animation I've ever made in my life.

Last edited: