• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New In Forum, Not To Fantasy

Poppa Weelee

Dreamer
I've been writing fantasy stories off and on for the last decade or so. Recently, though, I haven't gotten the same feelings about my writing. I seem to have lost my muse, and I was hoping that being around a group of like-minded people would reawaken it.

My stories tend to revolve around younger characters who have to deal with "being a teenager," and not getting themselves turned into a toad by a psychotic wizard. Kinda like Degrassi, only with Elves and Dwarves instead of Canadian black people and gays. (DISCLAIMER: That was my attempt at humor. I have nothing against Elves or Dwarves, so settle down!)

My Magnum Opus, though, takes place in a Middle Earth style world that has reached the Space Age. They've manage to do this very quickly because Science and Magic are combined. Think of the last Sci-Fi book/movie you read/watched. It's basically magical anyway, they just don't come out and say it. I do. My races regularly engage in all the cool stuff you see in science fiction media, only they have the added benefit of being magical space elves! It's a lengthy project, with many scrapped ideas, and very few things that have survived the years.

This is where I hit my wall. I lost my connection to this world and it's inhabitants. I used to half live in it, but I just can't seem to get there.

Enough about my work, a little about me:

I have experience proofreading and editing. I actually enjoy it, so if you need a thorough proofreader I'm your guy.

I like science fiction and fantasy equally.

I have never been part of a pen-and-paper RPG group, but I've always wanted to be.

I'm also kind of a big comic nerd, with a strong preference for Marvel Superheroes, although I'd have to jump on the bandwagon and say Watchmen is my favorite comic ever.

My favorite author is Terry Brooks because of the Shannara series, but my favorite book of all time is a tie between Hyperion/The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons (can't have one with out the other), and The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend by David Gemmell.

That's about all I can think of, but if anyone has questions, no harm in asking!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Poppa!

I like the premise: a fantasy world which has reached the space age. There is so much potential there. I'm sure that hanging out with our crew will help to get your creative juices flowing again.

I have never been part of a pen-and-paper RPG group, but I've always wanted to be.

You may want to join our new forum based RPG, Machiavel: Ambition. It's guaranteed to be an amazing, unique experience.