• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi folks!

Sandor

Dreamer
Hi guys! It's Marco here, from Italy.

Let's see...I'm 30 yo, i live playing guitar, music in general, reading and obviously...writing. :)
I don't know if I'm a writer in the core, but I do really like creative processes. I'm a roleplayer too, mostly a storyteller.

I tried to write something, but it always ended up in a lost file in a hard disk.
Now I got a pretty solid idea (I won't be the new Tolkien :) and I think i'll give it a shot.

I was reading guidelines and advices on the web and I jumped into these great boards...and there we go!

I'm sure to find some patient/expert storytellers to get some help for my work.

uh...a little hint, for those who are interested: I'm writing a "low-fantasy" kind of thing...Well..."low" compared to the average fantasy out there (no elves, no orcs).
It's about inner conflicts, religions misteries and colliding and a bit of solid "intrigue-ish" plot: the story shows mostly the events of two continents (one is similar to euorpe, the other similar to Arabia/Egypt) by a third person/POV-shifting style (like Martin's).

Well that's it!
Thanks in advance and...rock on!
Marco (aka Sandor)

Sounds like you have some good ideas and a creative thirst that needs quenched. You'll find tons of helpful insight and inspiration here. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Sandor. Sounds interesting. I love R Scott Bakker and I think your story would have similar elements. If you liked Martin (I can tell by your Alias!) then you'll love R Scott Bakker. Keep us in the loop.

Sandor

Dreamer
Thanks everyone, very kind!!! :)

I'll check for Bakker...Always lookin' for something new. :)
I DO love Martin and fantasy wasn't my genre at all...until I met him. :) Now I'm lookin' for something similar (I don't like heavy fantasy stuff outside roleplaying, unless it's really well structured)...

If you have other suggestion to have some nice reading time or to improve the knowledge of this sub-genre (low-fantasy/intrigue stuff) here I am: shoot! :)

Cheers.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome, Marco... polo...

Sorry I couldn't resist.

If you can lead a troupe of gamers through a story line, then you can write. Least that's what my gaming group always tells me. Let us know how we can help!