• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Using Scrivener to keep track of things.

Hello all!

I was just wondering how many of you are using Scrivener to keep track of notes, maps, character sheets etc. I recently bought this wonderful program, and I must admit that I absolutely love it. (Please note that I am not an affiliate)
I used to use Word, but I started using Scrivener instead, since it gives a better overview. Especially when I write cross-referencing chapters, or simply try to keep track of the different characters.

But if there are any drawback, I'd love to hear it.

I recently started using ywriter. I think it's relatively similar but is free. It has been working well for me so far.

Hi,

Never tried it or any other program. I use word, simply having the book in one document, and a second open at the same time with the key notes, and swap between the two as I write.

Cheers, Greg.

Mythos

Troubadour
I got Scrivener a few months ago, and I've been using it to write novels. Some of my notes I keep in the folders, but since I have more than one story set in some of my worlds, notes I write for one novel might be useful with another. I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking about making a Scrivener project for each of my world building projects. That way all of my notes are in one place and not scattered around on different novels. I'll try it out as soon as I have time to world build.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
I've been using scrivener for almost 3 years. Before that I was using yWriter, which is similar.

JacobMGibney

Dreamer
I started using Scrivener about a month ago and it's great, it really helps me keep track of things without the need for separate documents :)